Redneck Yacht Club
|"Redneck Yacht Club"|
|Single by Craig Morgan|
|from the album My Kind of Livin'|
|Released||May 16, 2005|
|Craig Morgan singles chronology|
"Redneck Yacht Club" is a song written by Thom Shepherd and Steve Williams, and recorded by American country music singer Craig Morgan. It was released in May 2005 as the second single from his album My Kind of Livin'. It peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, behind "Better Life" by Keith Urban. The song was certified Gold by the RIAA for sales of 500,000 and was also certified GOLD for digital downloads.
In the song, Morgan sings about being part of a special yacht club known as the "redneck yacht club".
The video takes place out on Percy Priest Lake in Davidson County, TN, where Morgan and some of his buddies are having fun, such as soaking up the sun and boat-riding. Some scenes of the video feature Morgan riding on a boat, singing on the deck, and on a flotation device out in the middle of the lake. Country music singer Blake Shelton also makes a cameo appearance along with Aaron Tippin. The party that the group of diehard friends is having symbolizes the fun that they have on the lake, "all summer long". The video was directed by Peter Zavadil.
|US Billboard Hot 100||45|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||25|
- Morris, Edward (2005-11-22). "ASCAP Salutes Singer, Writers of "Redneck Yacht Club"". CMT.com. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- Brian, Mansfield. "Country is cool with 'redneck'." USA Today n.d.: Academic Search Complete. EBSCO. Web. 7 June 2011.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Craig Morgan Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Craig Morgan Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2005: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2005. Retrieved June 16, 2012.