Redo of Healer
|Redo of Healer|
(Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi: Sokushi Mahō to Sukiru Kopī no Chōetsu Hīru)
|Written by||Rui Tsukiyo|
|Published by||Shōsetsuka ni Narō|
|Original run||December 29, 2016 – present|
|Written by||Rui Tsukiyo|
|Published by||Kadokawa Shoten|
|Imprint||Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko|
|Original run||July 1, 2017 – present|
|Written by||Rui Tsukiyo|
|Illustrated by||Sōken Haga|
|Published by||Kadokawa Shoten|
|Magazine||Young Ace Up|
|Original run||October 24, 2017 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Takuya Asaoka|
|Written by||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu|
|Licensed by||Sentai Filmworks|
|Original run||January 13, 2021 – March 31, 2021|
|Kaifuku Jutsushi no Omotenashi|
|Written by||Rui Tsukiyo|
|Illustrated by||Ken Nagao|
|Published by||Kadokawa Shoten|
|Magazine||Young Ace Up|
|Original run||January 18, 2021 – present|
Redo of Healer (Japanese: 回復術士のやり直し 〜即死魔法とスキルコピーの超越ヒール〜, Hepburn: Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi: Sokushi Mahō to Sukiru Kopī no Chōetsu Hīru, lit. "The Healer's Do-Over: Transcendent Healing Through Insta-Kill Magic and Skill Copying"), also known in Japan as Kaiyari for short, is a Japanese fantasy light novel series written by Rui Tsukiyo and illustrated by Shiokonbu. It began serialization online in December 2016 on the user-generated novel publishing website Shōsetsuka ni Narō. It was later acquired by Kadokawa Shoten, who have published the series since July 2017 under their Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko imprint.
A manga adaptation with art by Sōken Haga has been serialized online via Kadokawa Shoten's Young Ace Up website since October 2017. An anime television series adaptation by TNK aired from January to March 2021.
Keyaru, who is exploited and sexually abused repeatedly by others due to being a healing magician, notices what lays beyond just his healing magic, and is convinced that a healing magician is the strongest class in the world. However, by the time he realizes his own potential, he is already deprived of everything. Thus, using his healing magic, enhanced by the magic enhancing properties of the Philosopher's Stone on the world itself, he goes back four years into the past, deciding to redo everything and get revenge on the ones who abused him.
- Keyaru (ケヤル) / Keyarga (ケヤルガ, Keyaruga)
- Voiced by: Yūya Hozumi (Keyaru/Keyarga), Yōko Hikasa (Keara)
- The Healing Hero, who was blessed with the hero's insignia from the coming-of-age. He, however, wanted to save the world from demons only to endure four years of physical, mental, and sexual abuse at the hands of his own allies, making him see how corrupted the Jioral Kingdom is. In the midst of the battle with the demon lord, Eve, Keyaru managed to retain himself finding the true nature of his power, and obtains the Philosopher's Stone. He then uses the item to travel back in time to exact revenge against his torturers.
- Flare Arlgrande Jioral (フレア・アールグランデ・ジオラル, Furea Ārugurande Jioraru) / Freia (フレイア, Fureia)
- Voiced by: Ayano Shibuya
- The Magic Hero and the first princess of the Jioral Kingdom. Flare is the main source of Keyaru's suffering and merely sees him as a baggage carrier and indorse him with drugs so he would be restrained to her commands. Generally, she saw healing magicians as the lowest class in the magic world until Keyaru has proven otherwise and doesn't trust her with the Philosopher's Stone. In the alternate timeline, Keyaru tortures her and alters her memories and personality to become his companion and lover, all while deceiving everyone into thinking that Flare is dead. As Freia, she is lovable, kind, and obeys Keyarga's every command.
- Setsuna (セツナ)
- Voiced by: Shizuka Ishigami
- A female demi-human slave that Keyaru buys and recruits into his party. Setsuna comes from the Ice Wolf clan whereas estranged from humanity and usually sold into slavery that defeats the purpose of equality in the Jioral Kingdom. As Keyarga offers her the chance to avenge her tribe, she reveals her unspoken true name to receive empowering strength from Keyarga. Setsuna later becomes sexually attached to Keyarga and often competes with Freia for his affections.
- Eve Reese (イヴ・リース, Ibu Rīsu)
- Voiced by: Natsumi Takamori
- A demon who is one of the candidates to become the Demon Lord. In the previous timeline where she did become the Demon Lord and fought Keyaru in the bitter end, she tearfully begged him to spare her and granted him the Philosopher's Stone, prompting Keyaru to know what she was really trying to protect. Her objective is to kill the current Demon Lord for trying to exterminate her brethren. When she completes the trials of Caladrius, her hair changes from black to silver.
- Norn Clatalissa Jioral (ノルン・クラタリッサ・ジオラル, Norun Kuratarissa Jioraru) / Ellen (エレン, Eren)
- Voiced by: Minami Tsuda
- The second princess of Jioral Kingdom, and younger sister of Flare. Both sisters had a close relationship until Flare received a higher reputation for awakening as the Magic Hero and Flare belittles Norn. Compared to her big sister, Norn runs her kingdom in a sadistic and manipulative manner and aims to drive Flare out of the throne. Following Flare's absence, Norn meant to gain aid from neighboring kingdoms by exterminating all innocent demons, after her soldiers killed a friend that Keyarga got to know. He and Freia halt her oppression plot and capture her. As he did with Flare, Keyarga alters Norn's memories and personality so she would think she is his little sister named Ellen. As Ellen, she has a brother complex and views Freia as a "big sister."
- Kureha Clyret (クレハ・クライレット, Kureha Kurairetto)
- Voiced by: Natsuki Aikawa
- A female knight of Jioral Kingdom, renowned as the Blade Goddess. Kureha owes Keyaru her gratitude for fixing her amputated arm from their first meeting. She initially opposes Keyaru's party, but allies with them after learning of her kingdom's atrocities. Freia pretends to be her old self to yield Kureha to her words. Now an obedient ally, Kureha has sex with Keyaru for her mistakes and acts as an informant for him. Her constant flirting with Keyaru makes the other girls jealous.
- Bullet (ブレット, Buretto)
- Voiced by: Tetsu Inada
- The Cannon Hero. Having an obsessive sexual attraction to young boys, he targets Keyaru for rape and murder. Due to the trauma, Keyarga will not allow a single male into his party.
- Blade (ブレイド, Bureido)
- Voiced by: Mami Fujita
- The Sword Hero, affiliated with the Jioral Kingdom. She has an intense homosexual infatuation that urges her to rape ideal girls to death. In the previous timeline, Blade would torment and physically beat up Keyaru every night for "touching" Flare to beset her frustration.
- Anna (アンナ)
- Voiced by: Asuka Nishi
- A villager from the same village as Keyaru. Anna provides Keyaru food and shelter since his parents' deaths. She encourages Keyaru to follow his belief in changing the world for the better. While Anna cares for Keyaru as her kid, he acknowledges her as his first love.
- Leonard (レナード, Renādo)
- Voiced by: Yasuaki Takumi (male), Eri Akiyama (female)
- The antagonistic captain of the Jioral Kingdom's knights who lacks any sense of sympathy and lashes at the imprisoned Keyaru for doing "nothing."
- Redra Gordoman (レドラ・ゴルドマン, Redora Gorudoman)
- Voiced by: Naomi Kusumi
- A merchant in the city of Lanaritta.
- Karman (カルマン, Karuman)
- Voiced by: Reiou Tsuchida
- A store owner from the city of Branicca with whom Keyaru forms a close bond.
- Trist Organ (トリスト・オルガン, Torisuto orugan)
- Voiced by: Ryōtarō Okiayu
- A knight of Jioral Kingdom and one of the Three Champions of his nation. His perceived detection skill gave him the name "Hawkeye."
- Proum Jioral (プローム・ジオラル, Purōmu Jioraru)
- Voiced by: Takaya Hashi
- The king of the Jioral Kingdom and Flare and Norn's father. He sends Leonard and later Bullet to hunt down Keyarga for the death of his daughters, little realizing that they are still alive.
The series was first published online in December 2016 on the user-generated novel publishing website Shōsetsuka ni Narō by Rui Tsukiyo. It was later acquired by Kadokawa Shoten, who published the first volume as a light novel under their Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko imprint in July 2017.
On January 23, 2021, Tsukiyo tweeted in English, claiming that one overseas publisher refused to publish the light novels in English. They said that the situation may change if overseas publishers received enough requests. Tsukiyo also encouraged fans to look into the English version of their other light novel series, The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat, which is licensed by Yen Press.
|No.||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN|
|1||July 1, 2017||9784041056806|
|2||December 1, 2017||9784041056813|
|3||April 1, 2018||9784041065242|
|4||September 1, 2018||9784041065211|
|5||February 1, 2019||9784041075593|
|6||July 1, 2019||9784041075609|
|7||December 1, 2019||9784041075616|
|8||July 1, 2020||9784041096581|
|9||December 26, 2020||9784041096628|
|No.||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN|
|1||March 31, 2018||9784041068380|
|2||September 4, 2018||9784041072929|
|3||February 4, 2019||9784041077306|
|4||July 4, 2019||9784041083581|
|5||December 3, 2019||9784041083598|
|6||May 2, 2020||9784041093474|
|7||October 10, 2020||9784041093504|
|8||February 10, 2021||9784041093504|
|9||August 10, 2021||9784041115756|
An anime television series adaptation was announced by Kadokawa on November 21, 2019. The series was animated by TNK and directed by Takuya Asaoka, with Kazuyuki Fudeyasu handling series composition, and Junji Goto designing the characters. The series aired from January 13 to March 31, 2021 on Tokyo MX, KBS, AT-X, SUN, and BS11. The opening theme is "Cruel Dreams and Sleep" (残酷な夢と眠れ, "Zankoku na Yume to Nemure") performed by Minami Kuribayashi, while the ending theme is "If You Can Change the World in a Dream" (夢で世界を変えるなら, "Yume de Sekai o Kaeru Nara") performed by ARCANA PROJECT. It ran for 12 episodes.
There are three different versions of the anime: a censored broadcast version, a streaming-exclusive "Redo" version, and an uncensored "Complete Recovery" version. All of the stations airing the anime carried the broadcast version. In addition to airing the broadcast version at 11:30 p.m. JST, AT-X aired the "Complete Recovery" version on the same morning at 4:00 a.m. JST. Sentai Filmworks has licensed the anime outside Asia and German-speaking regions. The German publisher Animoon announced to have licensed the anime series for the German-speaking regions and slated the release of the series on DVD and Blu-ray at the end of 2021. Children's Playground Entertainment has licensed the series in Southeast Asia and is streaming it on Bilibili. The official Twitter account issued a content warning for the anime.
Initially, it was announced that Redo of Healer would get a simulcast release with German subtitles, but on January 14, 2021, one day after the airing of the first episode, publisher Animoon announced that the simulcast would be postponed for a few days. Five days after the announcement by Animoon, the simulcast was canceled as streaming services refused to air the series due to its controversial themes.
|No.||Title [a]||Directed by ||Written by ||Original air date |
|1||"The Healer Starts Over!"|
Transcription: "Kaifuku Jutsushi wa, Yarinaosu!" (Japanese: 回復術士は、やり直す！)
|Norihiko Nagahama||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||January 13, 2021|
|A young man, Keyaru, hears a voice inside his head directing him to a Star Spirit, who grants him the Halcyon Eye power to see all creation. In a previous life, Keyaru was a healing magician, but his power forced him to endure the painful memories of those he healed. He was captured, abused, and forced to heal his captors in battle. In secret, he grew stronger absorbing the experiences of his abusers and learned to use healing magic in unconventional ways. Eventually, he escaped, defeated a Demon Lord, and used her Philosopher's Stone to travel back in time four years in the past. With his past memories gained, Keyaru swears revenge on his main abuser, Princess Flare of the Jioral Kingdom. Flare, who has no memory of these events, senses his awakening and declares him the Recovery Hero. Keyaru takes advantage of the maids in the royal household who have sex with him. Keyaru regenerates the amputated arm of grateful swordswoman Kureha, but pretends to pass out. Flare callously orders the court magician to gain control of Keyaru, no matter how torturous the method. Confirming Flare is still as cruel as she was previously, Keyaru begins planning his revenge.|
|2||"The Healer Ruins Princess Flare!"|
Transcription: "Kaifuku Jutsushi wa, Furea Ōjo o Kowasu!" (Japanese: 回復術士は、フレア王女を壊す！)
|Takuya Asaoka||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||January 20, 2021|
|Pretending to be afraid of absorbing painful memories, Keyaru swears never to heal again and pretends to allow Flare to imprison and get him addicted to drugs, even allowing himself to be raped to further fool her. Flare begins forcing Keyaru to heal injured warriors, while Keyaru secretly copies magical abilities from them. When the King is absent and Keyaru became immune to drugs, he uses his stolen abilities to escape and disguise himself as Leonard, Flare's Imperial Commander, and, once alone with Flare, heals away her ability to use magic, rendering her defenseless. After repeatedly breaking then healing her fingers, Keyaru rapes Flare before he heals her in order to alter her appearance and memories. After healing a dead bodyguard's face to look like Flare, Keyaru frames Leonard before he escapes with the real Flare. Keyaru decides to target his other abusers, Bullet and Blade, before seeking out the Demon Lord he previously defeated to find out what she had been trying to protect when she died. With Flare now an amnesiac, Keyaru renames her Freia, convinces her she is his servant and lover while he changes his face and takes the hero name Keyarga the Healer, leaving his weak name Keyaru behind.|
|3||"The Healer Buys a Slave!"|
Transcription: "Kaifuku Jutsushi wa, Dorei o Kau!" (Japanese: 回復術士は、奴隷を買う！)
|Satoshi Saga||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||January 27, 2021|
|Keyarga decides he and Freia must leave the city. However, he also learns that Norn, Flare's younger, strategist, and sadistic sister, is returning to the city and he is determined to avoid her. Keyarga has a nightmare of his previous life: Every night, Flare would force him to pleasure her. Second, the Sword Heroine, Blade, would beat him for touching Flare before sexually assaulting him since she could not sleep with Flare herself. Finally, Bullet, the Gun Hero, would violently rape him, claiming to love him before choking him unconscious. They later arrive at Lanaritta, a lawless city dominated by criminals who prey on the poor. With Halcyon Eye, Keyarga detects the town's water is contaminated, making whoever drinks it sick. Using his own antibodies, Keyarga creates a cure from his blood and sells it to a merchant, promising to continue making more in exchange for half the profits. He next visits a slave trader and purchases a female ice wolf demi-human, noting that her rage has kept her conscious despite being infected and is interested in what will happen once she gets revenge against whoever she hates so much.|
|4||"The Healer Acquires Setsuna!"|
Transcription: "Kaifuku Jutsushi wa, Setsuna o Te ni Ireru!" (Japanese: 回復術士は、セツナを手に入れる！)
|Akira Shimizu||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||February 3, 2021|
|Keyarga examines the girl's memories and learns she wants revenge against the Jioral Kingdom because they are planning to take her village as slaves. Knowing the girl, Setsuna, has no warrior abilities, Keyarga offers to make her stronger using a skill stolen from another hero, but requires her true name to do it. Setsuna agrees, even though knowing her true name will give him control over her. To prove he can make her stronger, Keyarga has sex with Setsuna. Making their way to Setsuna's village, they find Jioral soldiers torturing prisoners. Keyarga disguises himself as a Sword Hero and kills them while Freia gives him covering fire. Setsuna gets revenge by killing the soldier who enslaved her. Afterward, Keyarga shows Setsuna that the ice wolves poisoned the water and gives her a choice: either make the poison strong enough to kill every human in Lanaritta or replace the poison with medicine. Setsuna chooses the medicine. They have sex again and Setsuna willingly tells Keyarga her true name. In Jioral, Norn returned and reveals that Keyarga altered Leonard's face to look like him to cover up his escape. The King orders Leonard to find the real Keyaru.|
|5||"The Healer Finds a New Toy!"|
Transcription: "Kaifuku Jutsushi wa, Atarashii Omocha o Mitsukeru!" (Japanese: 回復術士は、新しいおもちゃを見つける！)
|Hodaka Fujimoto||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||February 10, 2021|
|After Keyarga has sex with both Freia and Setsuna, they return to Lanaritta where the merchant attempts to force Keyarga to reveal the formula for the cure so he can get the profits alone. Keyarga gives him a fake formula, pointing out to his companions that with the contaminated water cured, the illness will go away anyway. Kureha then appears and challenges him, believing that he attacked the Jioral soldiers at Setsuna's village unprovoked. After a grand sword battle, Keyarga wins by dousing her with an aphrodisiac and then healing her mind to share the memories of the soldiers' atrocities against Setsuna's village, causing her to pass out. When she wakes up, he reveals he is Keyaru, the one who healed her arm, then brings in Freia whom he told to pretend to be Flare. "Flare" tells Kureha that Jioral is corrupt and Keyarga faked her death to save her life. Struck with remorse over her mistake and exposed to the aphrodisiac again, Kureha offers her body and they have sex. She falls in love with him and he gloats that she will now do whatever he says. Meanwhile, Leonard is on their trail.|
|6||"The Healer Sheds Blood and Tears!"|
Transcription: "Kaifuku Jutsushi wa, Chi to Namida o Nagasu!" (Japanese: 回復術士は、血と涙を流す！)
|Ryō Ōkubo||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||February 17, 2021|
|Freia and Setsuna become increasingly jealous of Keyarga and Kureha's relationship. The group learns troops lead by Leonard have captured the inhabitants of Keyaru's village. Keyarga sends Kureha to investigate, then disguises himself and infiltrates Leonard's squad. When he learns Leonard had tortured and raped his childhood friend, Anna, an enraged Keyarga captures Leonard and transforms him into a woman before having his brainwashed squad gang rape him, then kills them all by setting the room on fire. Keyarga finds Anna and tries to heal her, but she succumbs to her injuries. Distraught, Keyarga has sex with Freia and Setsuna for solace. Kureha returns and reports that the villagers will be publicly executed for supporting the Recovery Hero and that Norn has returned from abroad. Keyarga is wary of Norn as he remembers how she was more competent and manipulative than Flare. When the public execution begins, Keyarga reveals himself to save his villagers.|
|7||"The Healer Executes Justice!"|
Transcription: "Kaifuku Jutsushi wa, Seigi o Shikkō Suru!" (Japanese: 回復術士は、正義を執行する！)
|Ryōichi Kuraya||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||February 24, 2021|
|Keyarga begins to slaughter the executioners and does not stop even when they start killing the villagers. The executioners try to use a magical barrier to drain his strength, but Freia reverses the effect. Keyarga learns the villagers were fed poison earlier so they were already dying; he is only able to save one boy. Freia reveals herself, pretending to be Flare, and reveals the corruption in Jioral, causing the audience to turn on the executioners and kill them. Aware the boy blames him for everything that happened to the village, Keyarga tells the merchant to care for him. Kureha leaves to continue spying on the kingdom and warns him that Norn and her army are headed for the city of Branica. Keyarga notes that Norn never went to Branica in his first life. Keyarga decides to go to Branica as well because the Demon Lord will be there and he wants to meet her again. Along the way, they make camp and Keyarga has sex with Freia and Setsuna. Freia says she will kill anyone who stands in his way, causing Keyarga to realize that excluding her devotion to him, her personality is not that different from Flare's.|
|8||"The Healer Meets the Demon Lord!"|
Transcription: "Kaifuku Jutsushi wa, Maō to Deau!" (Japanese: 回復術士は、魔王と出会う！)
|Kinji Yoshimoto||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||March 3, 2021|
|Freia's incredible power causes her magic staves to eventually break, so Keyarga decides they will one day have to acquire divine weapons that can handle it. The party arrives at Branica where humans and other races live in harmony unlike in other places. At a restaurant, they meet Eve Reese, the Demon Lord whom Keyarga met and defeated in his first life, but she is less powerful and her hair is black instead of silver, unlike he remembered, causing him to realize she is not yet the Demon Lord. She is a member of the Black Wing Tribe, whom the current Demon Lord ordered to be eradicated. Bounty hunters attack her and she is hit by a paralyzing arrow, but Keyarga's party rescues and heals her. While hiding out, Keyarga explains to Eve that he met her in the future and she will become the Demon Lord, offering to protect her until she claims her destiny. She does not believe him but agrees to stay with the group. Later that night, Eve wakes up and is shocked and embarrassed to find Keyarga having sex with Freia and Setsuna right in front of her. Keyarga invites her to join them and taunts her to prove she is a grown-up.|
|9||"The Healer Takes Revenge for a Meal!"|
Transcription: "Kaifuku Jutsushi wa, Tabemono no Urami o Harasu!" (Japanese: 回復術士は、食べ物の恨みを晴らす！)
|Satoshi Saga||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||March 10, 2021|
|Eve turns down Keyarga's offer, but he, Freia, and Setsuna scold her. Keyarga says once she becomes the Demon Lord, he wants the Philosopher's Stone and for her to secure peace between humans and demons. While discussing their combat capabilities, Eve explains she can summon the legendary, disease-spreading bird, Caladrius, but she will have to endure several trials, including traveling all around the world, to make it obey her. Keyarga disguises himself and scouts the city, but a bounty hunter recognizes him due to his scent, forcing Keyarga to kill him. Keyarga returns and has sex with Freia and Setsuna. Embarrassed, Eve leaves the room, but, aroused, listens and masturbates, so Keyarga notes it is only a matter of time before she gives in to his advances. Keyarga and Setsuna track down the bounty hunters and massacre them. As payback for them destroying the restaurant, they leave the survivors in a pit to be devoured by a beast. Freia buys a magic staff and Keyarga improves it. When he improves the other staves in the store, the owner gives him some money back and a mithril sword. Keyarga is furious when Norn, her army, and Blade arrive in Branica.|
|10||"The Healer Becomes a Single, Lovely Flower!"|
Transcription: "Kaifuku Jutsushi wa, Karen na Ichirin no Hana ni Naru!" (Japanese: 回復術士は、可憐な一輪の花になる！)
|Kenichi Ishikura||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||March 17, 2021|
|Keyarga retreats when he notices Norn and Blade are accompanied by the Hero Hawkeye. That night, Blade rapes and tortures a girl. Keyarga sells some potions to Karman, the store owner, who warns him about the girl's fate. After having sex with Freia and Setsuna, Keyarga decides to use himself as bait, transforming into a woman named Keara. At a pub, Blade is enticed by Keara and offers her a drink. Blade transfers a sleeping potion via a kiss and Keara pretends to pass out. While Blade carries her to her hotel, the father of the girl whom Blade raped attacks her, forcing Keara to knock him out to save his life and then fight Blade. However, Blade's sword, Ragnarok, enhances her strength and allows her to heal from injuries. Keara is knocked out cold and later wakes up tied to Blade's bed. Blade prepares to rape her but is horrified to discover Keara has a penis. Keara breaks her bonds and stabs Blade with a poisoned dagger. Blade attempts to reach for Ragnarok to heal herself, but is stabbed again and passes out. Keara declares it is time for revenge.|
|11||"The Healer is Troubled by Norn's Brutality!"[b]|
Transcription: "Kaifuku Jutsushi wa, Norun Hime no Bankō ni Kokoro o Itameru!" (Japanese: 回復術士は、ノルン姫の蛮行に心を痛める！)
|Shunji Yoshida||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||March 24, 2021|
|Keara reads Blade's memories and learns Norn plans to attack Branica in three days. After paralyzing Blade's legs, she has three brainwashed men gang-rape her. The men then kill and eat her, causing Ragnarok to revert to a gem. After reverting to his true form, Keyarga meets Trist Organ, aka Hawkeye. Hawkeye is impressed by the potions he sold to Karman and invites him to join his army, but he declines. Realizing Hawkeye is too powerful for him, Keyarga connects with the gem to form a new weapon; it transforms into a clawed gauntlet called Georgius that can heal the user's injuries. Keyarga celebrates by having sex with Freia and Setsuna while Eve masturbates in the room this time. On the third day, Norn becomes tired of searching for Blade and dismisses her as worthless. Accusing the demons of Branica of brainwashing humans into accepting them, Norn commands her army to kill everyone. Keyarga is furious when Karman is killed and begins to slaughter the soldiers. Norn and Hawkeye are shocked when Freia, pretending to be Flare, projects a giant hologram of herself in the sky.|
|12||"The Healer Starts a New Journey!"|
Transcription: "Kaifuku Jutsushi wa, Arata Naru Tabi ni Deru!" (Japanese: 回復術士は、新たなる旅に出る！)
|Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||March 31, 2021|
|Freia declares non-humans are not the enemy and asks the soldiers to stand down, which they do. As Norn and Hawkeye express confusion, Keyarga breaks in and battles Hawkeye, kills him, then knocks out Norn. Afterward, he reads her memories and learns she was responsible for Leonard attacking his village. When she wakes up, he drugged Freia into acting like a dog, then promises if she can withstand Freia licking her without orgasming until morning, he will release her. Norn fails the challenge, so he and Freia rape her. He then erases Norn's memories and turns her into Ellen, his little sister who is in love with him, and turns Freia back to normal. Kureha arrives and Keyarga introduces Ellen. Keyarga has sex with Freia, Setsuna, Ellen, and Kureha while Eve masturbates. He decides his party will travel until they can help Eve tame Caladrius, but pauses to lay flowers on Karman's grave, saying he avenged him and Anna. The king of Jioral assigns Bullet to stop Keyarga, and Bullet is eager to rape him again. Keyarga realizes he is starting to care for his girls, but decides he will never know peace until he gets revenge on Bullet.|
Light novel and manga
The light novel series has over 800,000 copies in print. Both the light novel and the manga grew in their popularity, which led to an increase in digital sales. Several volumes of the manga also ranked in the top ten of Amazon Japan's manga charts.
The anime adaptation of Redo of Healer received a negative response due to its depiction of sexual violence, slavery, and torture often being used as a plot device, especially the first two episodes, which sparked controversy. Since its airing, the anime gained higher than average percentage of female viewers and Tsukiyo expressed their surprise on Twitter.
Its controversial content forced it to be canceled in Germany after airing the first episode but the Blu-ray became a bestseller.
In Anime News Network's Winter 2021 Preview Guide, the series was panned by most of the reviewers for its recurring "rape and revenge", an aspect of the light novels that gained controversy before the anime premiere. The reviewers also criticized the series for having a "generic" fantasy role-playing game inspired setting similar to popular isekai series and for "contrived" in-story justifications for its revenge plot.
- The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat — Another light novel series by the same author.
- "Dark Fantasy Series "Redo of Healer" Coming to Sentai". Sentai Filmworks. December 28, 2020. Archived from the original on December 28, 2020. Retrieved January 4, 2021.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (June 15, 2020). "Redo of Healer Anime Reveals Main Cast, 2021 Premiere". Anime News Network. Retrieved June 15, 2020.
- Hikasa, Yōko (March 18, 2021). "お知らせします" (in Japanese). LINE Corporation. Retrieved July 23, 2021.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (October 30, 2020). "Redo of Healer TV Anime's 1st Promo Video Reveals Theme Song Artists, January 2021 Premiere". Anime News Network. Retrieved October 30, 2020.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (December 18, 2020). "Redo of Healer TV Anime's 2nd Promo Video Reveals January 13 Premiere". Anime News Network. Retrieved December 18, 2020.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (November 20, 2019). "Rui Tsukiyo's Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi 'Revenge Fantasy' Story Gets TV Anime". Anime News Network. Retrieved November 21, 2019.
- Morrissy, Kim (January 25, 2021). "Redo of Healer Author: English Light Novel Translation Was 'Refused' By An Overseas Publisher". Anime News Network. Retrieved January 31, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し ～即死魔法とスキルコピーの超越ヒール～ [Redo of Healer: Transcendent Healing Through Insta-Kill Magic and Skill Copying]. Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し２ ～即死魔法とスキルコピーの超越ヒール～ [Redo of Healer 2: Transcendent Healing Through Insta-Kill Magic and Skill Copying]. Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し３ ～即死魔法とスキルコピーの超越ヒール～ [Redo of Healer 3: Transcendent Healing Through Insta-Kill Magic and Skill Copying]. Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し４ ～即死魔法とスキルコピーの超越ヒール～ [Redo of Healer 4: Transcendent Healing Through Insta-Kill Magic and Skill Copying]. Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し5 ～即死魔法とスキルコピーの超越ヒール～ [Redo of Healer 5: Transcendent Healing Through Insta-Kill Magic and Skill Copying]. Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し6 ～即死魔法とスキルコピーの超越ヒール～ [Redo of Healer 6: Transcendent Healing Through Insta-Kill Magic and Skill Copying]. Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し7 ～即死魔法とスキルコピーの超越ヒール～ [Redo of Healer 7: Transcendent Healing Through Insta-Kill Magic and Skill Copying]. Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し8 ～即死魔法とスキルコピーの超越ヒール～ [Redo of Healer 8: Transcendent Healing Through Insta-Kill Magic and Skill Copying]. Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し9 ～即死魔法とスキルコピーの超越ヒール～ [Redo of Healer 9: Transcendent Healing Through Insta-Kill Magic and Skill Copying]. Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- "ヤングエースUPでW新連載「うぽって」番外編＆「回復術士のやり直し」". Natalie (in Japanese). October 24, 2017. Retrieved February 17, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し （9） [Redo of Healer 9]. Young Ace Up (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved July 18, 2021.
- "回復術士のおもてなし". Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 23, 2021.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (January 12, 2021). "Redo of Healer Novels Get Spinoff Manga". Anime News Network. Retrieved January 23, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し （１） [Redo of Healer 1]. Young Ace Up (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し （２） [Redo of Healer 2]. Young Ace Up (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し （３） [Redo of Healer 3]. Young Ace Up (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し （４） [Redo of Healer 4]. Young Ace Up (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し （５） [Redo of Healer 5]. Young Ace Up (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し （６） [Redo of Healer 6]. Young Ace Up (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し （７） [Redo of Healer 7]. Young Ace Up (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- 回復術士のやり直し （8） [Redo of Healer 8]. Young Ace Up (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. Retrieved February 17, 2021.
- "Myūjikku｜Terebi Anime "Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi" Kōshiki Saito" MUSIC｜TVアニメ『回復術士のやり直し』公式サイト [Music｜TV Anime "Redo of Healer" Official Website]. kaiyari.com (in Japanese). Archived from the original on November 8, 2020. Retrieved November 8, 2020.
- Robin Hirsch (December 31, 2020). ""Redo of Healer": Episodenanzahl des Fantasy-Anime". Anime2you.de.
- Nico Lang (November 25, 2020). ""Redo of Healer" erscheint bei AniMoon Publishing" (in German). Anime2you.de. Retrieved November 28, 2020.
- @bilibilith (January 12, 2021). "ตารางอัพเดตอนิเมะเข้าฉายวันที่ 13 มกราคมนี้" (Tweet) (in Thai). Retrieved January 13, 2021 – via Twitter.
- Morrissy, Kim (January 16, 2021). "Redo of Healer Official Twitter Account Issues Content Warning". Anime News Network. Retrieved January 31, 2021.
- Robin Hirsch (January 19, 2021). ""Redo of Healer": Simulcast abgesagt und erste Disc-Infos" (in German). Anime2you.de. Retrieved January 19, 2021.
- "Sutōrī｜Terebi Anime "Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi" Kōshiki Saito" STORY｜TVアニメ『回復術士のやり直し』公式サイト [Story｜TV Anime "Redo of Healer" Official Website]. kaiyari.com (in Japanese). Archived from the original on November 9, 2020. Retrieved November 9, 2020.
- "Stream Redo of Healer on HIDIVE". HIDIVE. Archived from the original on January 13, 2021. Retrieved January 13, 2021.
- "On'ea｜Terebi Anime "Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi" Kōshiki Saito" ON AIR｜TVアニメ『回復術士のやり直し』公式サイト [On Air｜TV Anime "Redo of Healer" Official Website]. kaiyari.com (in Japanese). Retrieved November 9, 2020.
- albion (February 19, 2021). "Redo of Healer-Schöpfer spricht über Erfolg seines umstrittenen Werks" (in German). ShonaKid.de. Retrieved February 19, 2021.
- Kundu, Tamal (February 10, 2021). "Redo of Healer Episode 6 Release Date, Watch English Dub Online, Spoilers". The Cinemaholic. Retrieved August 12, 2021.
- "Redo of Healer Female Viewership Is Higher Than Average". Anime Corner. March 25, 2021. Retrieved April 9, 2021.
- "Redo of Healer Blu-ray is a Bestseller in Germany". Anime Corner. February 5, 2021. Retrieved April 9, 2021.
- "Redo of Healer - The Winter 2021 Preview Guide - Anime News Network". Anime News Network. Retrieved January 26, 2021.