|Headquarters||Menlo Park, California, United States|
|Total assets||$3.8 billion|
Number of employees
Redpoint Ventures is an American venture capital firm focused on investments in seed, early and growth-stage companies.
The firm's partners include Allen Beasley, Jeff Brody, Jamie Davidson, Satish Dharmaraj, Tom Dyal, Tim Haley, Brad Jones, Chris Moore, Lars Pedersen, Scott Raney, Ryan Sarver, Tomasz Tunguz, John Walecka, Geoff Yang and David Yuan. The founders of Redpoint Ventures have been involved with successful investments including Foundry, Juniper Networks, Netflix and Right Media.
Its partners have been involved in 136 IPOs and acquisitions. IPOs include 2u, Just Eat, Zendesk, HomeAway, Qihoo, Responsys, Fortinet and Calix. Acquisitions include Acompli, Caspida, Efficient Frontier, Heroku, RelateIQ, BlueKai, Posterous, LifeSize, Refresh, Right Media and Zimbra. In 1999, Redpoint raised a $600 million venture fund, at the time the largest first-time fund for a new firm. In 2000 and 2006 Redpoint raised two additional funds, Redpoint II and Redpoint III totaling $1,150 million. In 2007, Redpoint raised a $250 million fund to focus on investing in early growth technology companies such as Answers.com, Internet Brands, NextG Networks, and Tantalus. In February 2010 Redpoint raised $400 million for its fourth fund Redpoint IV, to focus on early stage companies involved in Internet and social media, mobile computing, cloud computing and clean technology. Redpoint raised a $400 million fifth fund, Redpoint V, in January 2013, to focus on early-stage investments in new platforms, next generation media, big data infrastructure and applications, and enterprise, cloud, and mobile. In April 2015 Redpoint raised $400 million sixth fund to focus on early stage investments in consumer and enterprise.
Redpoint's current portfolio includes 9flats, APUS, Beepi, BitGo, Button, CollectiveHealth, DraftKings, Duo, Gogobot, Infer, Jaunt, Kabam, Looker, Luxe, Nextdoor, Snowflake, Stripe, HomeAway, PureStorage, Quantifind, Sonos, Thredup, Twilio, Vurb and Zuora.
- Matt Hickey (October 17, 2006). "Yahoo! Leads Investment in Ad Auction Company Right Media". TechCrunch. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- "REDPOINT VENTURES CLOSES $600 MILLION FUND: New Firm Raises Largest First Fund Ever". November 8, 1999. Roeder-Johnson Corporation. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- Redpoint raises $400 mln Web services, green fund
- (http://www.redpoint.com/redpoint-v Announcing Redpoint V)
- "9flats, the European Airbnb, secures 'major investment' from Silicon Valley's Redpoint". TechCrunch. 2012.
- "Beepi Raises $5 Million From Redpoint To Simplify Buying Or Selling A Used Car". TechCrunch. 2014.
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|