|• Governing body||Buckland No. 491|
- This article deals with Redwing, Saskatchewan, the small community just north of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.
Redwing, Saskatchewan, Canada, is a small community in rural municipality (RM) of Buckland No. 491, located on Saskatchewan Highway 2. Redwing and Red Wing Terrace are both localities of Buckland No. 491. Red Wing Terrace is north of the locality of Green Acres on Green Acres Road and south of both Red Wing Terrace Road, and White Star locality. White Star is located on White Star Road, which is concurrent with Township Road 502 and Saskatchewan Highway 780.
Redwing is 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) north of the city limits of Prince Albert and 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) north of its city centre. Red Wing is 18 kilometres (11 mi) south of Spruce Home. Red Wing Road runs concurrent with Township Road 494, which intersects Saskatchewan Highway 2. For a short time Nesbit Forest post office, located at the legal land description of North West 1/4 Section 8, Township 49, Range 26, West of the 2nd meridian, was the nearest postal location to Red Wing. Prince Albert is located quite near at Township 48, Range 26, West of the 2nd meridian.
In 1912, the one-room school house, named RED WING School District #2857, was formed at South East Section 32 Township 49 range 26 West of the 2 Meridian, according to Saskatchewan Provincial Archives Regina Branch. This location is just to the northwest of the city of Prince Albert. According to the book, Buckland's Heritage, Margaret Willis was the first teacher.
- Lat (DMS) 53°15′24″N
- Long (DMS) 105°45′32″W
- Dominion Land Survey Section 32 Township 49 range 26 West of the 2nd Meridian
- Time zone (cst) UTC−6
It is spelled either Wahpaton, or Wahpeton for the Dakota Sioux Indian reserves. Red Wing was the traditional name for chiefs of the Wahpetonm as they wore a swan's feather dyed red as a sign of their leadership position.
- "4715094 - Buckland No. 491, geographical codes and localities, 2006". Statistics Canada. Government of Canada. 2006-07-03. Archived from the original on 2011-06-10. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- Microsoft Streets and Tips (Map) (2004 ed.). Microsoft Corp. § Route Planner.
- Buckland History Book Committee (1980). "Buckland's heritage". Saskatchewan:: RE-published online 2006 University of Calgary, Université Laval: 391. Archived from the original on 2011-06-15.
- "Sask Gazette, Part I, Jun 18, 1999" (pdf). Government of Saskatchewan. September 2005. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- "Economic Development Strategy Rural Municipality of Buckland Profile" (pdf). Rural Municipality of Buckland. September 2005. Retrieved 2008-10-11.[dead link]
- "PAREDA" (pdf). Prince Albert Regional Economic Development Authority. 2006. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- Adamson, J; et al. (2007-07-23). "Online Historical Map Digitization Project".
- "Google Maps". Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- "Profile for Red Wing, Minnesota, MN". ePodunk. Retrieved October 9, 2012.
- Our Roots Nos Racines Buckland's Heritage Buckland History Book Committee
- Saskatchewan Gen Web - One Room School Project
- Post Offices and Postmasters - ArchiviaNet - Library and Archives Canada
- Saskatchewan, Canada, Rand McNally 1924 Indexed Pocket Map Tourists' and Shippers' Guide
- Prince Albert Gen Web Region
- Redwing, Saskatchewan on Google Maps