Redwing (Marvel Comics)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|First appearance||Captain America #117|
|Created by||Stan Lee (writer)|
Gene Colan (artist)
|Abilities||Telepathic link with Sam Wilson|
Redwing is a fictional bird appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Primarily a supporting character of Falcon, the character exists within Marvel's main shared universe, known as the Marvel Universe.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2016)
Fictional character biography
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2016)
In Rio de Janeiro, Sam Wilson encounters a red feathered falcon that he names Redwing. The Nazi Red Skull uses the Cosmic Cube to connect Sam and Redwing by a mental link. Wilson and Redwing then become allies of Captain America. Redwing has been by Falcon's side ever since, fighting villains such as Grey Gargoyle, Viper and Diamondhead. Redwing stayed with Falcon when he became the new Captain America.
Powers and abilities
In his earliest appearances Redwing exhibits a close bond with Sam Wilson, which is confirmed as being a telepathic link by Professor X in Captain America #174 . The Red Skull later reveals that he had used the Cosmic Cube to create a "super-normal mental link" between Sam Wilson and Redwing. Falcon later recalled the experience, stating "Hurt like hell. Being mentally fused with that falcon. Able to see through his eyes."
In other media
Television and Film
- Redwing appeared in The Avengers: United They Stand, voiced by Frank Welker.
- Redwing appears in The Super Hero Squad Show, with vocal effects provided by Steven Blum.
- Redwing appears in the Avengers Assemble animated series as Falcon's flight pack that can change to "Redwing Mode" and operate independently.
- Redwing appears as a drone in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Captain America: Civil War.
Redwing also appears in Lego Marvel's Avengers. He is not a playable character, but serves as Falcon's projectile attack, on which he flies towards the selected targets before coming back to Falcon.
- Captain America #186
- All-New Captain America #1
- Englehart, Steve. Captain America #186. Marvel Comics, 1975
- Johns, Geoff. Avengers vol. 3 #60. Marvel Comics, 2003
- "Marvel Super Hero Squad Voice Cast". Comics Continuum. 2009-07-28. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- (May 8, 2016), "Captain America Civil War: The Falcon and Red Wing Explained," ComicBook.com. Retrieved October 21, 2016
- Redwing at Marvel Wiki
|This article about a Marvel Comics character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|