|Townsite of Redwood Meadows|
|Census division||No. 6|
|Indian reserve||Tsuu T'ina Nation 145|
|• Governing bodies||Townsite of Redwood Meadows Administration Society and Tsuu T'ina Nation Council|
|• President||Elizabeth Erasmus|
|Elevation||1,250 m (4,100 ft)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|Area code(s)||+1-403, +1-587|
Redwood Meadows is unique in that it is a partially independent municipality, functioning similar to an incorporated Alberta town, but is different from all other Alberta towns due to:
- its location within the Tsuu T'ina Nation 145 Indian reserve;
- the leased nature of the land on which it is developed; and
- council's shared administration of the townsite with the Tsuu T'ina Nation Council.
The Townsite of Redwood Meadows is located along Highway 22, approximately 20 km west of Calgary, 18 km south of Cochrane and 5 km northeast of Bragg Creek. It has an elevation of 1,250 metres (4,100 ft) and is approximately 400 acres (1.6 km2) in size (1.62 km² or 0.6 sq mi).
In the early 1970s, the land upon which Redwood Meadows is developed was leased to Sarcee Developments Ltd. (SDL), a wholly owned Tsuu T'ina company. The Head Lease, 75 years in duration, commenced in 1974 and will terminate in 2049 (unless there is a lease renewal). SDL sub-leases individual lots to the residents, which will also terminate in 2049.
Redwood Meadows shares municipal and emergency services with nearby municipalities through various contracts and agreements. It is serviced with water, sewer, parks and roads and has a volunteer fire department. The Redwood Meadows Golf and Country Club is located in the townsite.
The Townsite of Redwood Meadows had a population of 983 in the 2011 Census according to Alberta Municipal Affairs. Its most recent municipal census prior to this indicated that it had a population of 1,150 on June 30, 2005.
- "Municipal Officials Search". Alberta Municipal Affairs. April 28, 2017. Retrieved May 1, 2017.
- "2013 Municipal Affairs Population List" (PDF) (PDF). Alberta Municipal Affairs. November 20, 2013. ISBN 978-1-4601-1418-6. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2010-01-01). "2010 Municipal Codes" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-02-03.
- Townsite of Redwood Meadows. "Townsite of Redwood Meadows – Town Council". Retrieved 2010-02-03.
- "Alberta 2006 Official Population List" (XLS). Alberta Municipal Affairs. 2006. Retrieved December 5, 2013.