13 June 1987 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||91 kg (14 st 5 lb)|
|As of 27 February 2017
Source:  [ 
Reece Robinson (born 13 June 1987) is an Australian professional rugby union footballer who currently plays for the New South Wales Waratahs in Super Rugby. He previously played rugby league for the Brisbane Broncos, Canberra Raiders and Parramatta Eels in the National Rugby League, and Lebanon and the Indigenous All Stars at representative level.
Born in Sydney, New South Wales, Robinson is of Indigenous Australian and Lebanese descent. Robinson played his junior football for the Alexandria Rovers as well playing in the South Sydney Rabbitohs SG Ball team before joining the Brisbane Broncos. Robinson was educated at Randwick Boys High School. He also played Rugby union as a schoolboy.
Rugby league club career
Brisbane Broncos (2008)
In Round 1 of the 2008 NRL season, Robinson made his NRL debut for the Brisbane Broncos against the Penrith Panthers on the wing in the Broncos 48–12 win at Suncorp Stadium. In Round 3 against the North Queensland Cowboys, Robinson scored his first NRL career try in the Broncos 36–2 win at Suncorp Stadium. Robinson finished his debut year in the NRL with him playing in 13 matches and scoring 4 tries. Robinson's contract with the Brisbane Broncos was not renewed for the 2009 season.
North Sydney Bears (2009)
Robinson was picked up by the North Sydney Bears, the feeder club for the South Sydney Rabbitohs, in the New South Wales Cup in 2009. On 12 December, Robinson was signed by the Canberra Raiders after recommendation from Wayne Bennett starting from 2010.
Canberra Raiders (2010–2014)
In Round 1 of the 2010 NRL season, Robinson made his club debut for the Canberra Raiders against the Penrith Panthers on the wing in the Raiders 34–16 loss at Penrith Stadium. In Round 25 against the North Queensland Cowboys, Robinson scored an impressive 4 tries in the 48–4 win at Canberra Stadium. Robinson played in 5 matches and scored 5 tries for his first season Raiders.
Robinson played in 14 matches and scored 5 tries for the Raiders in 2011.
Robinson finished 2012 as the Raiders top tryscorer with 17 tries in 24 matches.
After incumbent Fullback Josh Dugan was sacked from the Raiders in March 2013, Robinson replaced him at fullback with some success until he was himself replaced by Anthony Milford. Robinson played in 22 matches, scored 7 tries and kicked a goal for the Raiders in 2013.
In February, Robinson was selected in the Canberra Raiders inaugural 2014 Auckland Nines squad. Robinson played in 18 matches, scored 10 tries and kicked 2 goals for the Raiders in 2014. On 15 October 2014, Robinson signed a one-year deal with the Parramatta Eels to be a candidate to replace the departed Eels fullback Jarryd Hayne.
Parramatta Eels (2015)
In January, Robinson played for the Parramatta Eels in the 2015 NRL Auckland Nines. In Round 1, Robinson made his club debut for the Eels against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles on the wing, kicking 7 goals in the Eels 42–12 win at Parramatta Stadium. In Round 3 against the New Zealand Warriors, Robinson scored his first club try for the Eels in the 29–16 loss at Mt Smart Stadium.
Rugby league representative career
Robinson played in 3 matches, scored 5 tries and kicked 4 goals in the tournament. On 9 February 2013, Robinson starred on the wing for the Indigenous All Stars scoring a second half hatrick in the 32–6 win against the NRL All Stars at Suncorp Stadium.
Rugby union career
On 15 October 2015, Robinson switched codes to Rugby union, signing a 2-year contract with Super Rugby side New South Wales Waratahs. He played in the 2016 National Rugby Championship for New South Wales Country Eagles, winning the Minor Championship and runners up in the Grand Final.
Robinson has a twin brother, Travis Robinson, who is contracted to the Melbourne Storm and a member of the Lebanon national rugby league team. Robinson is also a relative of Australian boxer Anthony Mundine, former rugby league player Nathan Merritt and is step brothers with Parramatta Eels teammate Beau Champion.
- Reece Robinson rugbyleagueproject.org
- Rugby – Player statistics Robinson Reece – club stats. Itsrugby.co.uk (13 June 1987). Retrieved on 2016-09-21.
- South Sydney S G BAll and Matthews Cup Round 7 Match Report. League Unlimited (12 April 2005). Retrieved on 2016-09-21.
- Waratahs strike down Reece Lightning deal. News.com.au (27 August 2015). Retrieved on 2016-09-21.
- Mascord, Steve (16 March 2008) 'Embarrassing' Panthers slammed. Daily Telegraph
- Pramberg, Bernie (4 March 2008). Mundine supports Bronco Reece Robinson. The Courier-Mail
- Mascord, Steve (28 March 2008) Broncos ask 'Lockyer who?' as they slaughter Cowboys. Daily Telegraph
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-04.
- Panthers beat Raiders 34–16 – NRL.com. M.nrl.com. Retrieved on 21 September 2016.
- Home| Live Scores & Latest News. Fox Sports. Retrieved on 21 September 2016.
- Former skipper backs Robinson for fullback. Smh.com.au (15 March 2013). Retrieved on 2016-09-21.
- Luca, Rocco. (14 February 2014) Squads For Auckland Nines. Rugby League Week. Retrieved on 2016-09-21.
- Canberra Raiders outside back Reece Robinson replaces Jarryd Hayne at Parramatta Eels. Smh.com.au (15 October 2014). Retrieved on 2016-09-21.
- Luca, Rocco. (26 January 2015) EELS NAME 2015 NINES SQUAD. Rugby League Week. Retrieved on 2016-09-21.
- Nicolussi, Christian (6 March 2015) Eels v Sea Eagles: Anthony Watmough in the thick of it as Parramatta thrash Manly 42–12. Daily Telegraph
- Hooper, James (21 March 2015) Warriors v Eels: Poor opening quarter costs Parramatta dearly as they lose in New Zealand. Daily Telegraph
- The Greenhouse • View topic – 2009 rugbyleague.com European Cup. Thegreenhouseact.com.au. Retrieved on 21 September 2016.
- Lebanon too strong for Italy – NRL.com. M.nrl.com. Retrieved on 21 September 2016.
- Burke, Dominic. (9 February 2013) REPLAY: Indigenous All Stars 32 d NRL All Stars 6 at Suncorp Stadium. News.com.au. Retrieved on 2016-09-21.
- Robinson signs with Waratahs. Zero Tackle (15 October 2015). Retrieved on 2016-09-21.
- New South Wales Waratahs sign NRL journeyman Reece Robinson in Super Rugby – Sport – ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). Abc.net.au (15 October 2015). Retrieved on 2016-09-21.
- http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/10/22/highlights-perth-spirit-win-nrc-grand-final/ Perth Spirit win NRC grand final. The Roar. Retrieved 23 October 2016
- Phelps, James. (9 September 2012) Reece is the word for a boxing world champion and the supercoach. News.com.au. Retrieved on 2016-09-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Reece Robinson.|