Reed Business Information
|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Reed Business Information is a provider of data services, business information and workflow solutions to businesses. The company is based in the United Kingdom, United States, China, Singapore, Continental Europe and Australia. Reed Business Information is a division of RELX Group and is often referred to as RBI. The company produces industry specific data services and tools, online community and job sites as well as business magazines. It provides services to specific sectors including chemicals, agriculture, HR, property, finance, science and aerospace. Among its best known products and services are ICIS, Accuity, XpertHR, FlightGlobal, Estates Gazette, Farmers Weekly and New Scientist.
Reed Business Publishing was formed in 1971 when IPC merged with Reed Group. It was then renamed Reed International PLC and subsequently changed its name to IPC Business Press Limited but traded under the name of Business Press International Limited until 1987 following a rebrand to Reed Business Publishing. In 1993 Reed Business Publishing became part of Reed Elsevier. In September 1996 Reed Business Information was created, bringing together Reed Business Publishing, Reed Information Services, Mardev. and Bowker-Saur.
Since 2009 Reed Business Information has focused on paid content, data services and online marketing.
In 2011 RBI made four acquisitions. In January 2011, RBI completed the purchase transaction to take majority ownership of CBI China, a petrochemical and energy information service in China, adding to its chemicals pricing service (ICIS). It also acquired Parpinelli Tecnon. In June 2011 RBI acquired Ascend, a provider of online fleet data and valuations to the aviation industry, adding to RBI's existing data and content services and its aerospace platform, Flightglobal.
In September 2011, RBI announced the completion of a definitive agreement to acquire Accuity Holdings, a United States provider of online subscription-based data services for the financial services industry. Accuity was integrated with RBI's Bankers' Almanac, to form BankersAccuity which was rebranded Accuity (Sept 2013). RBI sold BuyerZone, an online marketplace for buyers and sellers of SMB products and services, to TechMedia Network, Inc. (“TMN”) on 22 January 2014.
On 17 March 2014 RBI acquired Innovata LLC, a leading provider of airline schedules data, maps and tools for the global air travel market. Innovata joins RBI’s aerospace information and data services business, Flightglobal. On 4 June 2014 RBI sold emedia Communications LLC, a US-based provider of research to IT buyers and leads to IT vendors, to Ziff Davis, the Digital Media Division of j2 Global, Inc. On 21 July 2014 RBI announced the sale of a 51 percent stake in Reed Construction Data (RCD) to Warburg Pincus, and the sale of 100 percent of RSMeans to The Gordian Group, a portfolio company of Warburg Pincus.
On 29 September 2014 FircoSoft become part of Accuity, RBI’s provider of global payment routing data and anti-money laundering solutions to banks and businesses worldwide.
In September 2015 Mark Allen Group acquired Optician from RBI.
RBI announced the sale of its Australian construction information group Cordell Information Pty Limited to CoreLogic, Inc. on 5 October 2015.
M Squared Media Ltd acquired the Hairdressers Journal International portfolio on 6 October 2015.
On 26 October 2015 RBI acquired Adaptris Group Limited, an integration software and eSolutions company, which will sit within RBI's Agriculture Group.
In August 2016 RBI acquired two pioneering US data and intelligence businesses; FlightStats Inc and Diio LLC both of which will now sit alongside FlightGlobal’s existing portfolio of fleet, aircraft finance and schedules data services.
- Community Care Inform
- Property Link
Community websites and job sites
- Farmers Weekly interactive (FWi), launched in 1997 for the United Kingdom.
- FWi Jobs
- FlightGlobal Jobs
- New Scientist
- New Scientist Jobs
- Personnel Today
- Personnel Today Jobs
- Property Jobs
- Airline Business
- Dairy Update
- Employers' Law
- Estates Gazette
- Farmers Weekly
- Flight International
- New Scientist
- Poultry World
- Adoption Conference
- Adults at Risk Conference
- Adults with Autism Conference
- Airline Business Strategy Awards
- Asian Base Oils and Lubricants Conference
- Community Care Live
- Estates Gazette Awards
- Euro Phenol Conference
- Fertilizers Conference
- FlightGlobal Achievement Awards
- GPCA Supply Chain Conference
- ICIS European Chemical Purchasing Conference
- ICIS Heren Trading LNG Conference
- ICIS World Polyolefins Conference
- ICIS World Surfactants Conference
- Innovation in Airline Distribution Conference
- International Sulphur and Sulphuric Acid Symposium
- Loyalty Conference
- Network USA Conference
- Personnel Today Awards
- Power Conference
- Safety in Aviation Asia Conference
- The RAD Awards
- World Base Oils Conference
- World Chloralkali Conference
- World Olefins Conference
- Youth Justice Integration Conference
- "Reed Elsevier announces definitive agreement to acquire Accuity" (Press release). Accuity Solutions. 26 September 2011. Archived from the original on 30 September 2011.
- Staff (1 August 1997). "New On The Web". Internet Business News. Reed Business Information. Retrieved 5 October 2015 – via HighBeam Research.
- Hanney, Brian (1 January 1998). "A credit management system for the millennium". Credit Management. Retrieved 5 October 2015 – via HighBeam Research.
- Marketers Resource Guide. Crain Communications, 2006.