Reed N. Weisiger
Weisiger was Chairman of the Stock and Stock Raising Committee and was on eleven other Senate committees. He served in the Legislature from 1891 to 1893.
Early life and education
Weisiger was born in Danville, Kentucky, May 2, 1838, and attended school there. He completed his education at Centre College, taking a full classical course, and graduated in 1858. He then came to Texas and was a pioneer in Victoria County.
Business, military, and fraternal order
Weisiger was a member of the Masonic Lodge and held the degree of Master Mason.
Weisiger's father was Dr. Joseph Weisiger. His mother was Isabella Reed Weisiger. Weisiger's mother was a descendant of a Virginia family related to the Clays and Adamses. Weisiger married Annie Belle Callender on June 24, 1874. Weisiger and his wife had eight children: Robert Sidney Weisiger, Roper C. Weisiger, Joseph Reed Weisiger, Isabella Weisiger Mackrell, Lucy R. Weisiger, Sarah Weisiger, William Hardeman Weisiger, and Grayson Carter Weisiger.
- Legislative Reference Library | Legislators and Leaders | Member profile - R.N. Weisiger, retrieved May 14, 2011.
- Daily Advocate (Victoria, Texas) Saturday afternoon, September 12, 1908, page 1, retrieved May 14, 2011.
- Lewis E. Daniell, Personnel of the Texas state government: with sketches of representative men of Texas, Maverick Print House (1892) retrieved May 22, 2011.
- University of Houston-Victoria, retrieved May 14, 2011.
- The Victoria Advocate, Historical Edition, May, 1968, retrieved May 15, 2011.
- The Family History and Genealogy of Arden Gremmert and Eva Doherty - Reed Nelson Weisiger, retrieved May 19, 2011.