Reedy Creek (Blacktown, Sydney)
Branch of Reedy Creek
|Region||Sydney basin (IBRA), Greater Western Sydney|
|Local government area||Fairfield, Blacktown|
|Source||Horsley Memorial Park|
|⁃ location||Horsley Park|
|Mouth||confluence with Eastern Creek|
|Eastern Creek (suburb)|
|Length||6 km (3.7 mi)|
|River system||Hawkesbury-Nepean catchment|
Course and features
Reedy Creek rises in the western suburbs of Sydney about 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) north-west of the Melville trigonometry station in the Memorial Park located in the suburb of Horsley Park. The creek flows generally north-east by north before reaching its confluence with Eastern Creek, in the suburb of Eastern Creek, west of Sydney Motorsport Park. The course of the creek is approximately 6 kilometres (3.7 mi).
In 2005, the Reedy Creek catchment area was rated the lowest polluting catchment out of the twenty-two catchments in the Blacktown local government area. Whilst only a small proportion of the catchment lies within the City of Blacktown, it is anticipated that future development pressure may lead to significant detrimental changes due to the altering of the run off and stream flow regime and its resulting impacts on the creek.
Reedy Creek is transversed by both the Westlink M7 and Wallgrove Road.
- "Reedy Creek". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "Reedy Creek" (PDF). State of the waterways: Management plan. City of Blacktown. 2005. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "Chapter 2: Creeks" (PDF). State of the Environment Report 2005 – 2006. Fairfield City Council. 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 April 2013. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "Get involved in Streamwatch". Fairfield City Council. 23 December 2013. Archived from the original on 28 December 2013. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- State of the waterways: Reedy Creek (PDF) (Map). 1:6,500. City of Blacktown. 2005.
- Eastern, Reedy & Ropes Creeks Flood Mapping (PDF) (Map). Fairfield City Council. December 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 December 2013.
|This article related to the geography of Sydney is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New South Wales river or creek related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|