Reese and the Smooth Ones is a 1969 album by the Art Ensemble of Chicago recorded in Paris for the French BYG Actuel label. It features performances by Lester Bowie, Joseph Jarman, Roscoe Mitchell and Malachi Favors Maghostut.
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow awarded the album 3 stars noting that "The episodic music continually holds one's interest, and overall, it makes a unified (if unpredictable) statement".
- "Reese Part 1 / The Smooth Ones Part 1" - 20:02
- "Reese Part 2 / The Smooth Ones Part 2" - 20:57
- "Reese" composed by Roscoe Mitchell
- "The Smooth Ones" composed by Lester Bowie
- Recorded August 12, 1969 in Paris