|Refat Abdurakhmanovich Chubarov|
|Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People|
October 28, 2013
|Preceded by||Mustafa Abdülcemil Qırımoğlu|
|President of the Worldwide Congress of Crimean Tatars|
|People's Deputy of Ukraine|
22 September 1957 |
Samarkand, Uzbek SSR, Soviet Union
|Political party||Petro Poroshenko Bloc|
Refat Abdurakhmanovich Chubarov (Crimean Tatar: Refat Abdurahman oğlu Çubarov, Рефат Абдурахман огълу Чубаров, Ukrainian: Рефат Абдурахманович Чубаров), is a Ukrainian politician and public figure, leader of the Crimean Tatar national movement in Ukraine and worldwide.
Chubarov was born on September 22, 1957 in Samarkand, Uzbek SSR in family of Crimean Tatar Abduraman Seitasan oglu Chubarov (1931-2014) who was deported in 1944 by the Soviet authorities from his native village of Ay Serez (today Mizhrichia, Sudak Municipality). In 1968 the Chubarov family was allowed to return, but not to the Southern Coast of Crimea so the family settled in Pryvilne (Krasnoperekopsk Raion).
In 1983 Chubarov graduated from the Moscow State Historic-Archive Institute. After graduation and until September 1990 he worked at the Central State Archives of the October Revolution and the Socialist Construction of Latvian SSR in Riga. In 1989-91 Chubarov was a regional representative at the Riga city council (Popular Front of Latvia faction).
Since November 2013 he has served as the chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People. He served as Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Council of Crimea from 1995 to 1998 and as People's Deputy of Ukraine from 1998 to 2007. He also has served as the President of the Worldwide Congress of Crimean Tatars since 2009. In 2014 he called the Crimea referendum a circus and also said that it is a tragedy, an illegitimate government with armed forces from another country.
In June 2014 he vowed to boycott the Crimean parliamentary election set to September 14.
- "Кримські татари обрали нового голову Меджлісу" [Crimean Tatars elected new Chairman of Mejlis]. Holos Ukrayiny. October 28, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Пішов з життя батько Чубарова" [Chubarov's father have died]. Ukrinform. March 30, 2014.
- Died father of Chubarov. Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People. March 30, 2014
- "Biography of Refat Chubarov" (in Ukrainian).
- "Crimeans Vote to Leave Ukraine, Join Russia". AP (ABC News). March 16, 2014. p. 2. Archived from the original on March 17, 2014. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- "Crimean Tatars: Mejlis To Boycott Parliamentary Elections". UNPO. June 13, 2014. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
Mustafa Abdülcemil Qırımoğlu
|Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People