Regé-Jean Page is a British actor. He played Chicken George in the 2016 miniseries Roots and from 2018 to 2019 was regular cast member on the ABC legal drama For the People. In 2020, Page is starring in the Netflix period drama, Bridgerton.
Life and career
Page Harare, Zimbabwe and moved to London at the age of 14. He graduated from the Drama Centre London in 2013 and began acting on stage, appearing in The History Boys and Merchant Of Venice opposite Jonathan Pryce. He also starred on the final season of BBC Three drama series Waterloo Road in 2015.
In 2016, Page made his American debut playing the role of Chicken George in the History Channel big budget miniseries Roots, a remake of the 1977 miniseries with the same name, based on Alex Haley's 1976 novel, Roots: The Saga of an American Family. The series and Page's performance received critical acclaim. Also that year, he was cast as a male lead in the ABC pilot Spark. The following year, he was cast in the Shonda Rhimes produced legal drama series For the People. The series was canceled after two seasons in 2019. Page also appeared in the 2018 post-apocalyptic film Mortal Engines and co-starred opposite Tessa Thompson in the 2020 drama film Sylvie's Love. He later was cast in a male leading role in the Shonda Rhimes-produced period drama series Bridgerton for Netflix.
|2016||Second Summer of Love||Rupert||Short film|
|2016||The Merchant of Venice||Solanio|
|2018||Mortal Engines||Captain Khora|
|2005||Casualty||Daniel Kimpton||Episode: "Teacher's Pet/Crash and Burn"|
|2013||Fresh Meat||Dean||2 episodes|
|2015||Waterloo Road||Guy Braxton||Series regular, 8 episodes|
|2016||Spark||Alex Lavelle||TV pilot|
|2018-2019||For the People||Leonard Knox||Series regular, 20 episodes|
|2020||Bridgerton||Simon Basset||Series regular|
- "Discovery: RegÃ©-Jean Page". June 1, 2016.
- "Regé-Jean Page | For The People". ABC.
- TVLine, Team; TVLine, Team (June 4, 2016). "Performer of the Week: Regé-Jean Page".
- Kosin, Julie (May 31, 2016). "Regé-Jean Page on Remaking 'Roots': "I Don't Think It's Ever Irrelevant to Know Your History"". Harper's BAZAAR.
- Blyth, Antonia; Blyth, Antonia (June 21, 2016). "Rege-Jean Page Revives Chicken George In The Iconic 'Roots': "The World Has Changed In 40 Years"".
- Petski, Denise; Petski, Denise (March 12, 2016). "Rege-Jean Page Set As Male Lead in ABC Pilot 'Spark'; Danielle Savre In CBS' 'Four Stars'".
- Petski, Denise; Petski, Denise (February 24, 2017). "ABC's Shondaland Legal Pilot Casts Hope Davis, Vondie Curtis-Hall & Regé-Jean Page".
- "Leonard On 'For The People' Is Your Next TV Crush". Romper.
- N'Duka, Amanda; N'Duka, Amanda (March 6, 2019). "'Sylvie': Ryan Michelle Bathe, Regé-Jean Page Join Tessa Thompson In Jazz Era Romance Film".
- Andreeva, Nellie; Andreeva, Nellie (July 10, 2019). "Phoebe Dynevor & Regé-Jean Page To Headline Shondaland's 'Bridgerton' At Netflix; 10 Others Cast".
- "'Bridgerton': Regé-Jean Page To Lead Shondaland Netflix Series Set In 1800s London High Society". shadowandact.com.