|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
|Roy Gandy, Phil Freeman, Terry Bateman & Mike Stops|
|Products||Hi-fi equipment, Turntables|
Rega Research Ltd. is a high-end audio equipment manufacturer based in the UK. Rega was founded in 1973. The company's name was formed of the initials of its two founders (RElph & GAndy). The name is correctly pronounced "ree-guh", not the more common mispronunciation of "ray-guh". Rega are widely known for their turntables, cartridges and tonearms, and has produced award winning amplification and speakers for over 20 years. In addition to manufacturing products under their own brand name, they have also serve as an original equipment manufacturer of turntables and tonearms for other companies such as NAD and Rotel.
Rega Research is imported and distributed in the US by The Sound Organisation, based in Dallas, Texas.
In addition to making its own brand products, Rega is an OEM supplier. For example, Rega arms or variants are found in numerous other audiophile turntables. It also manufactured a slightly modified version of its Planar 2 with a RB250 arm for NAD that was marketed under the NAD533 model number.
In 2014, Rega maintains a custom-built factory and has 90 to 100 employees. It has no marketing department, but produces every model in the UK, and tries to maintain UK-based parts suppliers as well. Interestingly, the only advertisement Rega ever ran (apart from attempting to spam their Wikipedia article) was to say that it didn’t advertise, preferring to invest every penny into research and product development. The Rega factory is located in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK- east of London.
- Turntables (and related components)
- CD players
- List of phonograph manufacturers
- Rega's website, "the company"
- "Express Machining Heavy Weight for Rega Tonearms and the Express Machining Stainless Steel End Stub for Rega RB-250 Arm". TNT Audio.
- "NAD533". Vinyl Engine
- Rega Research: Difference between revisions
- Garcia, Wayne (13 September 2012). "REGA RP3 Turntable, Elys 2 Cartridge, TT PSU Power Supply". The Absolute Sound. Archived from the original on 21 November 2013