Regenesis (non-profit organization)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (April 2009)|
Regenesis is Canadian-based, university focused environmental and social justice organization.
2007-2013 - Activist Group
Regenesis was originally formed as a grassroots activist organization and aspiring social movement. Campaigns and projects were determined by their membership. The group had initial success, founding chapters at universities across Canada, including multiple chapters in Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario.  Regenesis held a launch party that took place on World Environment Day, June 5th 2008, that was hosted by Frank De Jong, leader of the Green Party of Ontario. In 2008, they organized an 'all cause rally' in Toronto, inspired by the Free Speech Movement at the University of California, Berkeley in the 1960s. The group had members stand as candidates for the 2008 Canadian Youth Parliamentary Elections from their various campus clubs at universities across Canada.
Regenesis previously advocated for the removal of fluoride, which they viewed as an important environmental health issue, citing concerns over bioaccumulation. In 2009, their anti-fluoridation campaign in Thunder Bay helped convince Thunder Bay City Council to vote against fluoridating Thunder Bay's water supply. They have been lobbying Toronto City Council, along with other member organizations of the Toronto Coalition Against Fluoridation, to halt the practice of adding Hexafluorosilicic acid to Toronto's drinking water.
2013-present - Environmental Organization
Regenesis has reorganized in order to better ensure the long-term sustainability of its initiatives. The organization focuses on designing, establishing and operating community-based initiatives and programs, both on-campus and in surrounding local communities.
- Claudia Rodriguez | Ontario New Democratic Party
- Ebrahim, S., Kenny, M. & Syed, S. (2014). Student-Involved Campus Sustainability and Social Justice Initiatives in Canada. Toronto: Institute of Research and Innovation in Sustainability.
- Turning Up The Heat - Excalibur York University's Community Newspaper
- TorontoSun.com - Toronto And GTA - Every cause in town welcomed
- Vote Out Fluoride
- Council says no to fluoride, Thunder Bay News Watch
- Thunder Bay Says NO to Fluoride - Thunder Bay News Ledger
- Globe & Mail - Toronto votes to continue fluoridating water
- Toronto Coalition Against Fluoridation
- AASHE 2014 - Regenesis: Cultivating Change through the Campus 'Perennials'
- YFile - Students and professionals unite to create eco-village design on campus
|This article about an organization in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|