Regent's Park tube station
|Local authority||City of Westminster|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|Original company||Baker Street and Waterloo Railway|
|10 March 1906||Station opened|
|London transport portal|
Regent's Park is a London Underground station by Regent's Park in Marylebone, City of Westminster. It is on the Bakerloo line, between Baker Street and Oxford Circus. It is located on Marylebone Road between the two arms of Park Crescent in Travelcard Zone 1. It is the second-least used Underground station in Zone 1 (after Lambeth North tube station), with 3.5 million passengers in 2015.
The station was opened on 10 March 1906 by the Baker Street & Waterloo Railway (BS&WR); in the original parliamentary authority for the construction of the BS&WR no station was allowed at Regent's Park. Permission was granted to add it to the already partially constructed line in 1904.
Construction of the station ticket hall involved digging a box like void underneath the garden above. This caused significant subsidence, this is why the large metal beams in the ticket hall are present.
Unlike most of the BS&WR's other stations, Regent's Park has no surface buildings and is accessed from a subway. The station is served by lifts, and between 10 July 2006 and 14 June 2007 it was closed to allow essential refurbishment work on these and other parts of the station. There is also a staircase which can be used which has 96 steps.
The typical service pattern in trains per hour (tph) operated during off-peak hours weekdays and all day Saturdays is:
- 6tph to Harrow & Wealdstone via Queen's Park and Stonebridge Park (Northbound)
- 3tph to Stonebridge Park via Queen's Park (Northbound)
- 11tph to Queen's Park (Northbound)
- 20tph to Elephant & Castle (Southbound)
Weekday peak service operates with one or two additional Queen's Park-Elephant & Castle trains per hour, and Sunday service operates with two fewer Queen's Park-Elephant & Castle trains per hour during the core of the day.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLSX). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. January 2018. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- Rose, Douglas (1999). The London Underground, A Diagrammatic History. Douglas Rose. ISBN 1-85414-219-4.
- Badsey-Ellis, Antony (2005). London's Lost Tube Schemes. Capital Transport. p. 232. ISBN 1-85414-293-3.
- "Bakerloo Line Working Timetable No. 42" (PDF). Transport for London. 21 May 2017. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Regent's Park tube station.|
- London Transport Museum Photographic Archive
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
towards Harrow & Wealdstone
towards Elephant & Castle