Regents Park, Queensland
Logan City, Queensland
Lamberth Road, 2014
|Population||10,657 (2011 census)|
|Location||25 km (16 mi) from Brisbane GPO|
There are three schools in Regents Park:
- Yugumbir State School, a government primary school, is located on Vansittart Road ( The name 'Yugumbir' is an Aboriginal word for the district. ).
- Regents Park State School, a government primary school, is located on Emerald Drive ( ).
- St Bernardine's School, a Roman Catholic primary school, is located at 25 Vergulde Road ( ).
Logan West Library is located in Grand Plaza Drive, Browns Plains near Grand Plaza. Other Logan City Council libraries not far away are in Greenbank and Marsden. Visit the LCC Library Page for more information.
There are three weekend markets near Regents Park:
- Woodridge Train Station Markets, every Sunday 6 am - 12 noon, Croydon Road, Woodridge (opposite the Woodridge train station)
A traditional multicultural fresh produce street market, easily accessible by train
- Logan Central Markets, every Sunday 6 am - 12 noon, Logan Central Plaza, Wembley Road, Logan Central
- Browns Plains Markets, first & third Saturday of every month, mornings, showgrounds at the corner of Browns Plains and Waller Roads.
In the 2011 census, Regents Park had a population of 10,657 people; the population was 50.5% female and 49.5% male. The median age of the Regents Park population was 30 years, 7 years below the Australian average. Children aged under 15 years made up 25.3% of the population and people aged 65 years and over made up 6.0% of the population. 67.1% of people living in Regents Park were born in Australia, similar to the national average of 69.8%. The other top responses for country of birth were New Zealand 9.2%, England 3.6%, Philippines 1.5%, Bosnia and Herzegovina 0.9%, South Africa 0.6%. 80.2% of people spoke only English at home; the next most popular languages were 1.3% Samoan, 1.2% Serbian, 1.2% Spanish, 0.8% Mandarin, 0.7% Croatian. The most common response for religious affiliation was No Religion 24.9%, followed by Catholic 23.1%, Anglican 15.8%, Uniting Church 5.0% and Presbyterian and Reformed 3.1%. The great majority of households (84.9%) were family households, 12.3% were single person households and 2.8% were group households. The average household size was 3.1 people. Median mortgage repayments in Regents Park were $1,820, which is similar to the national median of $1,800.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Regents Park (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Regents Park (entry 47119)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Regents Park". Suburbs. Logan City Council. Archived from the original on 8 May 2014. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Queensland State and Non-State Schools". Queensland Government. Archived from the original on 8 May 2014. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Prospectus 2014" (PDF). Yugumbir State School. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 May 2014. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Regents Park, Queensland.|