Regents Park Community College
|Location||King Edward Avenue
|DfE URN||116450 Tables|
Regents Park Community College is a Mixed Comprehensive School in West Southampton, Hampshire, in the south of England. The most recent Ofsted inspection was on 5-6 November 2014 when the inspectors reported that "This is a good school. The students are making good progress and their achievements are good. It is led impressively by its headteacher, Jonty Archibald, whose vision for and commitment to the students and community is shared with equal enthusiasm by the staff."Ofsted inspection report, visit of 5-6 November 2014
Previously, Regents Park was placed into special measures during the 10-11 July 2013 Ofsted inspection, after being rated 'inadequate' under the reign of former headteacher Sarah Hill. Due to this, Mrs. Hill had to resign her position as headteacher, while Mr. Archibald was drafted in as 'Head of School'. The board of Governors was disbanded and replaced by an IEB (Interim Executive Board), chaired by Ian Fielder.
Regents Park Community College is now a good school and the IEB have elected Jonty Archibald as headteacher. To speak to him over the phone, call the school number and enter extension 224.
Acceptance of boys
As part of Southampton City Council's review of secondary education, called "Learning Futures", the school started accepting boys from September 2008.
Southampton Cooperative Learning Trust
The school has a group called the Southampton Cooperative Learning Trust or The Regents Park Family of Schools. The group contains a number of schools in Southampton:
- Banister Infant & Nursery School
- Foundry Lane Primary School
- Freemantle C of E Academy
- Regents Park Community College
- St Johns Primary & Nursery School
- St Mark’s Primary School
Notable former pupils
- Len Stansbridge (1919–1986), goalkeeper for Southampton in the period either side of the Second World War.
- Manisha Tank, former BBC World presenter, and currently with CNN.
- Holley, Duncan; Chalk, Gary (2003). In That Number – A post-war chronicle of Southampton FC. Hagiology. p. 582. ISBN 0-9534474-3-X.
|This Hampshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|