Regents Park railway station
Southbound view in August 2007
|Location||Park Road, Regents Park|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||19.86 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||11 November 1912|
|Rebuilt||8 October 1924|
The original Regents Park station opened on 11 November 1912 when a line was built from Lidcombe. The present station opened on 8 October 1924, when the Main South line was extended to Cabramatta in an attempt to reduce overcrowding on the Main Western railway line.
Immediately south of the station lies Sefton Park Junction with services heading south to Bankstown via the Bankstown line and west to Liverpool via the Main South line. The Southern Sydney Freight Line passes beneath the junction. Until it closed in April 1966, Regents Park was the junction for a line to Potts Hill Reservoir and sidings serving an industrial complex to the north-west of the station.
Platforms & services
Historically Regents Park was served by services from the city and Lidcombe operating to Bankstown and Liverpool on an alternate basis. This changed in the early 2000s, when most services to Liverpool were altered to operate via Bankstown. Today Regents Park is served by T3 Bankstown line services terminating at Lidcombe and three Liverpool - City via Strathfield services on weekdays.
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via Strathfield||2 services on weekdays|
|services to Lidcombe|||
|2||services to Liverpool||1 service on weekdays|
|services to Central & the City Circle via Bankstown|||
Transdev NSW operate two routes via Regents Park station:
- Regents Park Station NSWrail.net
- Regents Park Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "20 Years Ago" Railway Digest April 1986 page 126
- "T2: Inner West & South line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 13 December 2015.
- "T3: Bankstown line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Routes 908 and S2 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- "Routes 909 and S3 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- NightRide bus services Transport Info NSW