|Date of birth:||December 16, 1976|
|Place of birth:||Mayo, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||312 lb (142 kg)|
|High school:||Mayo (FL) Lafayette Co.|
|NFL Draft:||1999 / Round: 1 / Pick: 24|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Reginald Gerard McGrew (born December 16, 1976) is an American former college and professional football player who was a defensive tackle in the National Football League (NFL) for four seasons during the late 1990s and early 2000s. McGrew played college football for the University of Florida, and thereafter, he played professionally for the San Francisco 49ers and the Atlanta Falcons of the NFL.
McGrew accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Steve Spurrier's Florida Gators football team from 1996 to 1998. The Gators coaching staff decided to redshirt him in 1995, and he subsequently became a starter on the Gators defensive line and was a member of the 1996 Gators team that defeated the Florida State Seminoles 52–20 in the Sugar Bowl to win the Bowl Alliance national championship. He received first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) honors following his junior season in 1998, and he decided to forgo his final season of NCAA eligibility and entered the NFL Draft.
After McGrew's NFL career was over, he returned to Gainesville to complete his bachelor's degree in sociology in 2010.
The San Francisco 49ers selected McGrew in first round (twenty-fourth pick overall) in the 1999 NFL Draft, and he played for the 49ers for three seasons from 1999 to 2001. He appeared in no games as a rookie, but played in twenty-four NFL games over the following three seasons. McGrew played his fourth and final NFL season for the Atlanta Falcons in 2002.
- Florida Gators
- Florida Gators football, 1990–99
- List of Florida Gators football players in the NFL
- List of San Francisco 49ers first-round draft picks
- List of University of Florida alumni
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Reggie McGrew. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Reggie McGrew Archived 2010-02-19 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide Archived 2012-04-02 at the Wayback Machine., University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 97, 99, 183 (2011). Retrieved August 30, 2011.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1999 National Football League Draft. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Reggie McGrew. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.
- Nash, Noel, ed., The Gainesville Sun Presents The Greatest Moments in Florida Gators Football, Sports Publishing, Inc., Champaign, Illinois (1998). ISBN 1-57167-196-X.