Regina Saskatchewan Temple
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article does not cite any sources. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Regina Saskatchewan Temple|
|Dedicated||November 14, 1999 by |
Boyd K. Packer
|Site||1 acre (0.4 hectares)|
|Floor area||10,700 sq ft (990 m2)|
|Height||71 ft (22 m)|
|Preceded by||Halifax Nova Scotia Temple|
|Followed by||Billings Montana Temple|
|Official website • News & images|
Coordinates: The Regina Saskatchewan Temple is the 65th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). It is located in East Regina on Wascana Creek close to the University of Regina but well away from the downtown business district in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Because of issues with transportation, LDS Church president Gordon B. Hinckley's dedication of the Halifax Nova Scotia Temple was delayed a day. Hinckley decided to go ahead with the dedication of the Halifax temple and apostle Boyd K. Packer was sent to dedicate the Regina temple. It was the first time two temples were dedicated the same day, and the first time since the dedication of the Manti Utah Temple in 1888 by Lorenzo Snow that a temple had been dedicated by a person who was not a member of the church's First Presidency.
Because of a truckers' strike, materials had not arrived until a few days before. Crews worked around the clock to finish the light grey granite facing, completing the exterior the night before the dedication. The temple was dedicated on November 14, 1999, and it has a total of 10,700 square feet (990 m2), two ordinance rooms, and two sealing rooms.
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Canada
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Kruckenberg, Janet (November 20, 1999), "Regina prairie, now a place of fulfilled dreams", Church News
- Kruckenberg, Janet (November 13, 1999), "Halifax, Regina prepare for dedications of two temples on two consecutive days", Church News
- Lloyd, R. Scott (November 21, 1998), "Ground broken for temple on Canada's plains", Church News
- Several dozen temples, built from identical plans.