Regional Institute of Science and Technology
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Regional Institute of Science & Technology (RIST) was established in 2009 by the Erd Foundation (a charitable trust). It is a technical college in the north eastern region of India. The college and courses are recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to The North Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Meghalaya. The Regional Institute of Science & Technology was set up to cater to the needs for technical manpower in the north eastern region of the country.
The college offers four year undergraduate courses in six disciplines, viz. Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering.
The institute is located on the hills of 9th Mile, opposite the CRPF group centre, Khanapara, Ri-Bhoi district of Meghalaya. It is 6 km (4 mi) from Dispur, the capital of Assam and 85 km (53 mi) from Shillong, the capital of Meghalaya.
The college offers BTech courses in:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
The courses are affiliated to North-Eastern Hill University.
The following are the intake for each branch:
- Computer Science & Engineering 120
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering 60
- Electronics & Communication Engineering 60
- Information Technology 60
- Mechanical Engineering 60
- Civil Engineering 120
Candidates with valid AIEEE score can apply directly. Candidates not having AIEEE score can appear for the Common Entrance Test conducted by the ERD Foundation. All the north eastern states has reserved seats for which candidates are selected by the Director of Technical Education of the state.
- Computerized library
- Residential accommodation in separate hostels for boys and girls.
- Fleet of buses for transport.
- Dedicated leased line internet connectivity
- More than 100 desktop terminals in a network with a server farm.
- Other facilities includes gym, fitness studio, health care, IT centre, cafes and restaurants.