Regional language programmes on the BBC Asian Network
The BBC Asian Network, a BBC National Radio station has a number of programmes in South Asian languages aimed at a specific community although since 24 April 2005 under schedule changes as part of a broader review of BBC programming the BBC Asian Network has shifted towards a greater emphasis on English language programming.
- Gagan Grewal consisting of News, Views, Discussions & Celebrity Interviews presented by Gagan Grewal in Hindi and Urdu - the programme first aired on 15 May 2006 originally under the name Salaam Namaste.
- Hindi-Urdu Programme presented by Sanjay Sharma on Thursday Evenings.
- Punjabi Programme presented by Neelu Kalsi on Friday Evenings.
- Weekend Punjabi Sukhi Bart presents Punjabi Language Programming on from 17:00 - 19:00 on Sunday (previously on Saturday Evenings).
- Gujarati Programme presented by Dev Parmar on Wednesday Evenings from 20:00 - 22:00.
- Weekend Gujarati Dev Parmar presents Gujarati Language Programming on from 21:00 - 23:00 on Sunday (previously on Saturday Evenings).
- Mirpuri Programme presented by Zarina Khan on Monday Evenings.
- Weekend Mirpuri, Changis Raja presents Mirpuri Language Programming on from 21:00 to 23:00 every Sunday (prior to 17 June the programme had been an hour earlier).
- Bengali Programme presented by Shawkat Hashmi on Tuesday Evenings.
- Weekend Bengali, Anwarul Hoque presents Bengali Language Programming from 23:00 on Sunday to 01:00 on Monday mornings (prior to 17 June the programme had been an hour earlier).
Regional Language Programmes scrapped or to be scrapped
- BBC Asian Network
- Bengali Programme (weekday) at BBC Programmes
- Weekend Bengali at BBC Programmes
- Gagan Grewal at BBC Programmes
- Gujarati Programme (weekday) at BBC Programmes
- Weekend Gujarati at BBC Programmes
- Hindi-Urdu Programme at BBC Programmes
- Mirpuri Programme (weekday) at BBC Programmes
- Weekend Mirpuri at BBC Programmes
- Punjabi Programme (weekday) at BBC Programmes
- Weekend Punjabi at BBC Programmes