Regions of Ghana
This article needs to be updated.(July 2016)
The regions of Ghana constitute the first level of subnational government administration within the Republic of Ghana. There are currently ten regions, further divided for administrative purposes into 216 local districts.
The current regional boundaries were officially established in 1987, when the Upper West Region was inaugurated as the state's newest administrative region. Although the official inauguration was in 1987, the Upper West Region had already functioned as an administrative unit since the break-up of the Upper Region in December 1982, prior to the 1984 national census.
|Central Ghana||Cape Coast||9,826||2,201,863|
|Upper East Ghana||Bolgatanga||8,842||1,046,545|
|Upper West Ghana||Wa||18,476||702,110|
- List of Ghanaian regional ministers
- List of Ghanaian regions by area
- List of Ghanaian regions by Human Development Index
- List of Ghanaian regions by population
- ISO 3166-2:GH
- David Owusu-Ansah. Historical Dictionary of Ghana (4 ed.). Rowman & Littlefield. p. xii.
- Ghana at GeoHive.