Registration districts in Sweden
A registration district is, since 1 January 2016, the smallest administrative subdivision for population registration in Sweden (Swedish: folkbokföring), i.e. the civil registration of births, marriages, civil partnerships and deaths, and for the collation of census information.
Geographically, the districts correspond to the parishes of the Church of Sweden of 31 December 1999. About 85% of the old sockens corresponds with the new districts. The civil registration was originally maintained by the Church of Sweden, but since July 1991 it is administered by the Swedish Tax Agency.
The registration district is also used for registration of land ownership by Lantmäteriet, for the reason that owned land was historically named after parish:neighbourhood:number, but in 2000 changed to municipality:neighbourhood:number, which caused confusion with multiple neighbourhood names in the same municipality.
- Population registration in Sweden
- Swedish Tax Agency
- Statistics Sweden (SCB)
- Parishes of the Church of Sweden
- "Distriktsindelning i folkbokföringen". Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 23 May 2016.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link) Swedish National Heritage Board, 27 January 2015. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- SFS 2015:493 Förordning om distrikt. Svensk författningssamling, 17. June 2015. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- Geografiska Sverigedata – Distriktsindelning Lantmäteriet, 1 February 2018. Retrieved 29 January 2018.