Regret (LeToya Luckett song)
Sky High Remix Cover
|Single by LeToya featuring Ludacris|
|from the album Lady Love|
|Released||November 11, 2009|
|Label||Capitol Music Group|
|LeToya singles chronology|
|Ludacris singles chronology|
"Regret" is a song recorded by American singer LeToya Luckett released as the third single taken from her second studio album Lady Love (2009) featuring American rapper Ludacris. The song was written by Durell Babbs, Christopher Bridges, Jerry "Texx" Franklin, LeToya Luckett, Kurt Stephens, J. Valentine and produced by Babbs. The song was released on November 11, 2009, through Capital Records. The Sky High Remix was released on iTunes on December 18, 2009.
Although a music video was not initially released to promote the single, it quickly moved up the Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart peaking at #8, becoming her fourth top twenty hit on that chart. It peaked at #78 on the Billboard's Hot 100 chart, (her second chart entry on the Hot 100). The song became her second most successful single of her solo career, behind her debut single "Torn". A remix with new lyrics and production, and a feature from rapper Missy Elliott leaked to the internet on November 18, 2009.
The seemingly lack of support from Capitol Records for the "Lady Love" album caused a rift between the label and LeToya's fans, and it came to a head when it was revealed the label had no intentions to release a video for the single, despite its growing success on the Billboard charts off airplay alone. The fans fired back with an online petition stating, "We, the fans and supporters of LeToya Luckett are EXTREMELY disappointed at the way the entire "Lady Love" project has been handled thus far", and continued to say "...the third single, "Regret" featuring Ludacris, has already shown it has the potential to become her next smash hit single. LeToya's fans and supporters have already pushed the song into an enviable top 20 position, but we need your full support. Ultimately, a video was granted for the single, however it was released after it had peaked on the Billboard charts.
The "Regret" music video premiered on BET's 106 & Park on November 11, 2009. It was shot in Los Angeles, California, directed by Parris (The Dream, Ludacris, Swizz Beatz), and featured model Sean Newman who previously played her boyfriend in her “She Ain’t Got…” video. The video was ranked at number 23 on BET: Notarized: Top 100 Videos of 2009 countdown.
On October 3, 2009, the song peaked at number thirty-four on the US Adult R&B Songs chart. On November 14, 2009 the song peaked at number seventy-eight on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, number eight on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart and number forty-two on the US Radio Songs chart.
Track listing and formats
|Sky High Remix|
|1.||"Regret" (featuring Ludacris)||4:13|
|1.||"Regret" (featuring Ludacris)||4:02|
|US Hot 100 (Billboard)||78|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||8|
|United States||December 18, 2009||Sky High Remix||Capital|||
|United States||January 12, 2010||GL Remix|||
- "Regret (Sky High Remix) [feat. Ludacris] - Single". iTunes Store (U.S). Apple Music inc. Retrieved 18 December 2009.
- "Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart November 14, 2009". Billboard. Retrieved 14 November 2009.
- "Billboard Hot 100 November 14, 2009". Billboard. Retrieved 14 November 2009.
- "Letoya-Regret (Feat. Missy Elliot) (Remix)". YouTube. Retrieved 18 November 2009.
- "LeToya Fans Petition For Capitol Records Support". Singersroom.com. Retrieved 2016-03-28.
- "LeToya Billboard Chart History Adult R&B Songs". Billboard. Retrieved 3 October 2009.
- "Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay Chart November 14, 2009". Billboard. Retrieved 14 November 2009.
- "LeToya Billboard Radio Songs Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved 14 November 2009.
- "Regret (Sky High Remix) [feat. Ludacris] - Single by LeToya". iTunes Store (UK). Apple Music inc. Retrieved 18 December 2009.
- "Regret (GL Remix) [feat. Ludacris] - Single by LeToya". iTunes Store (U.S). Apple Music inc. Retrieved 12 January 2010.