|Founded||1996 (as Reguljair)|
|Parent company||Finnair Group acquired by Norwegian|
|Key people||Maunu von Lüders (CEO)|
FlyNordic was an airline based in Stockholm, Sweden. It operated scheduled and charter services in Scandinavia and Europe. Its main base was Stockholm-Arlanda Airport, Stockholm. In 2007 the airline was bought by Norwegian Air Shuttle and became a fully integrated part of the latter.
The airline was established in 1996 as Reguljair and operated domestic services using an Embraer EMB 110 Bandeirante until its operating licence was revoked on 14 November 2000. The airline was relaunched as Nordic East, dba Flynordic.com on 1 December 2000. In November 2003 Finnair acquired 85% of the shares and the remaining 15% in May 2004, when a new subsidiary company, Nordic Airlink Holding, was established. In October 2004 the airline was rebranded as FlyNordic. Finnair placed FlyNordic into bankruptcy in 2005, although operations of the reorganised company, Nordic Airlink Holding, doing business as FlyNordic, continued as usual. It has 240 employees (at March 2007).
On 24 April 2007 Norwegian Air Shuttle announced that they had bought 100% of the FlyNordic shares from Finnair. This makes Norwegian Scandinavia's largest low-cost airline. As a result of Finnair's ownership in FlyNordic, Finnair now owns 5% of Norwegian Air Shuttle.
On 14 March 2008, Norwegian Air Shuttle announced that FlyNordic would be re-branded Norwegian after 5 April 2008 in order to strengthen and unify the brand. This ended the story of FlyNordic.
FlyNordic operated the following services (at March 2008):
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
The flyNordic fleet included the following aircraft (at January 2008):
|McDonnell Douglas MD-82||3||149-164||European|
|McDonnell Douglas MD-83||4||149-164||European|
- "Company Info." FlyNordic. 18 December 2005. Retrieved on 7 December 2010.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 84.
- Norwegian to strengthen Scandinavian network with FlyNordic acquisition ATW Daily News, April 25, 2007.
-  AIRwise News, March 14, 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to FlyNordic.|
- FlyNordic (Archive)
- FlyNordic (Archive) (Swedish)
- FlyNordic Fleet
- "Finnair acquires controlling interest in Nordic Airlink." Finnair Group. 19 August 2003.
- "Norwegian Air Shuttle to acquire 100% of FlyNordic." Norwegian Air Shuttle. 24 April 2007.