Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Pronunciation||similar to the English word "ray"|
|Word/name||Hebrew and Japanese|
Japanese: Different depending on the kanji used|
Hebrew: my shepherd; my companion; my friend
|Region of origin|
|Look up Rei or rei in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- In Japanese, Rei can have different meanings depending on the kanji used
- In Hebrew, the name Rei (רעי Re`iY) originates in biblical texts which mean "my shepherd; my companion; my friend".
- In Hebrew, the word 'Rei' can be used for (or by) either gender, while in Japanese, Rei is generally only a given name for females. Rei can also be used as a surname.
Possible writings in Japanese
- 麗, "lovely, elegance, beautiful"
- 霊, "spirit, ghost"
- 例, "example"
- 零, "zero"
- 玲, "exquisite, clever, sound of jewels"
- 令, "rule, order"
- 礼, "etiquette, bow, gratitude"
- 怜, "wise"
- 鈴, "small bell"
- 嶺, "peak, summit"
- 黎, "black, dark, many"
- 澪, "water route, shipping canal"
- 励, "encourage"
- 伶, "actor"
- 苓, "Rei"
- 禮, "honor"
- 齢, "age"
- 冷, "cold"
- 蛎, "kaki" (Type of persimmon fruit)
- 砺, "tomorrow"
- 戻, "return"
- 蠣, "a cake"
- レイ, Rei written in katakana
- れい, Rei written in hiragana
- Rei (רעי), one of those who retained their allegiance to King David when Adonijah rebelled: 1 Kings 1:8
- Rei Berroa (born 1949), Dominican-American poet, university professor, literary and cultural critic, and translator
- Rei Hiroe (広江 礼威, born 1972), Japanese manga artist
- Rei Igarashi (大濱 貴子, born 1963), Japanese actress and voice actress
- Rei Kawakubo (川久保 玲, born 1942), Japanese fashion designer, founder of Comme des Garçons
- Rei Kikukawa (菊川 怜, born 1978), Japanese actress, model and television presenter
- Rei Mikamoto (三家本 礼), Japanese horror manga artist
- Rei Okamoto (岡本玲, born 1991), Japanese model and actress
- Rei Omishi (臣士れい), Japanese screenwriter and manga author/artist
- Reihaneh "Rei" Safavi-Naini (ريحانه صفوی نائينی), Iranian-born computer science professor
- Rei Sakuma (佐久間 レイ, born 1965), Japanese voice actor
- Pelé (born 1940), ("The King" (O Rei)), Brazilian association football player
- Eusébio (1942–2014), ("The King" (O Rei)), former Portuguese association football player
- José Fontana (footballer) (Rei, 1912–1986), Brazilian association football player
- Rei (wrestler), Hong Kong professional wrestler
- Rei Hasegawa (長谷川 霊, born 1993), Italian painter and illustrator.
- Rei Antares, a rebel Azatoth and one of the main characters in the sci-fi webcomic Terra
- Rei Ayanami, character from the anime and manga series Neon Genesis Evangelion, and the film The End of Evangelion
- Rei Hasekura, from the light novel series Maria-sama ga Miteru
- Rei Hino (Sailor Mars), one of the main characters in the Sailor Moon anime and manga series
- Rei Hizuki, a secondary character in Sky Girls
- Rei Kashino, a troubled playboy who is a professional motorcycle racer from the manga Mars
- Rei Kiriyama, a professional shōgi player who is the protagonist of the manga and anime series March Comes in Like a Lion
- Rei Kurosawa, a 23-year-old freelance photographer from the Fatal Frame video games
- Rei Kohmyoji, an Android known as Kikaider 00 from Kikaider 01 animation series
- Rei Miyamoto, a survivor in Highschool of the Dead
- Rei Houjou, alias Fifth in Mirai Nikki
- Rei (Breath of Fire character), from Breath of Fire III
- Rei (Fist of the North Star character)
- Rei Saotome (Blair Flannigan), a character in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
- Rei Tachibana (aka Dynapink), from Kagaku Sentai Dynaman
- Rei Toei, from the Bridge trilogy novels
- Rei, from the anime and manga series Urusei Yatsura
- Rei the canine warrior from the PS2 game Ōkami
- Rei Ryghts, a character in the PS3 game Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
- Rei Takashima, from the anime and manga series Deadman Wonderland
- Rei Furuya, from the anime and manga series Detective Conan
- Rei Ryugazaki, from the anime series Free! – Iwatobi Swim Club
- Rei Hōōmaru, from the anime series Kill la Kill
- Rei Suzuya (later changed his name to Juuzou Suzuya), from the anime and manga series Tokyo Ghoul
- Rei Hayashi, from the anime and manga series, Blue Orca (2019)
- Rei Ogami from anime and manga series Code:Breaker
- Rei Sagara from the anime and manga series Love Stage!!
- Rei from Nintendo 3DS game and manga Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
- Rei Shimizu from Danganronpa
- Rei Suzumura, a Makai Knight from the drama GARO
- Rei Kizaki, an idol from the anime series Aikatsu! Stars
- Rei Katsura, a character from Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters
- Rei, Iran, an ancient Zoroastrian city, now a suburb of Tehran
- Higurashi Rei, the third season of the anime Higurashi When They Cry
- Rei Momo (Carnival character)
- Rei Momo, a 1989 album
- Rei vindicatio, a legal action by which the plaintiff demands that the defendant return a thing that belongs to the plaintiff
- REI, FAA/IATA identifier for Redlands Municipal Airport a public use airport in Redlands, California
- Rei, Portuguese and Catalan name for a King in Chess
- Radiation Effects in Insulators, an international conference held every second year since 1981
- REI, US retail corporation organized as a consumers' cooperative
- Remote error indication, an alarm signal used in synchronous optical networking
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility, a surgical subspecialty of obstetrics and gynecology
- Restricted Entry Interval, time interval after application of pesticide (on plants) during which ordinary persons (i e not wearing protective gear) are not supposed to enter the premises.
- Real Estate Investing
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Rei.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.