From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Reified)
|Look up reification or reify in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Reification is making something real, bringing something into being, or making something concrete.
Reification may also refer to:
- Reification (Gestalt psychology), the perception of an object as having more spatial information than is present
- Reification (Marxism) (German: Verdinglichung), the consideration, in Marxism, of an abstraction or an object as if it had living existence and abilities (also sometimes called "objectification", but see below)
- Reification (computer science), the creation of a data model
- Reification (fallacy), the fallacy of treating an abstraction as if it were a real thing
- Reification (knowledge representation), the representation of facts and/or assertions
- Reification (linguistics), the transformation, in natural-language processing, of a natural-language statement such that actions and events represented by it become quantifiable variables
- Reification (statistics), the use of an idealized model to make inferences linking results from a model with experimental observations
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Reification.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.