|Member of the European Parliament|
1 July 1989
18 December 1951 |
|Political party|| German:
Christian Democratic Union
European People's Party
|Alma mater||University of Kiel|
Reimer Böge (born 18 December 1951) is a German politician and Member of the European Parliament (MEP) from Germany. He is a member of the Christian Democratic Union of Germany, part of the European People's Party.
Member of the European Parliament, 1989–present
Böge is Vice-Chair of the Delegation for relations with Australia and New Zealand, member of the Committee on Budgets and the Special committee on the policy challenges and budgetary resources for a sustainable European Union after 2013 and substitute of the Committee on Foreign Affairs and the Delegation for relations with Japan. In addition he is standing rapporteur on policy challenges and budgetary means of the enlarged Union 2007–2013.
Böge served as vice-chairman of the Budget Committee and the Parliament’s lead negotiator on the EU’s financial framework for 2007-13; under his stewardship, the Parliament got an extra €4 billion and the chance to vote on the budget review. He later chaired the Budget Committee from 2007 to 2009, when he was succeeded by Alain Lamassoure. In 2010, he drafted the Parliament’s legislative bill on the extra financing needs of €1.4 billion for the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER). Also in 2010, he joined the Friends of the EEAS, a unofficial and independent pressure group formed because of concerns that the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherine Ashton was not paying sufficient attention to the Parliament and was sharing too little information on the formation of the European External Action Service.
In June 2013, Böge resigned as the EPP group’s budget negotiator in protest at an initial compromise deal between the European Parliament, the European Commission under the leadership of José Manuel Barroso and the European Council on a €960 billion budget for 2014-20. Alongside Pervenche Berès, he currently serves as rapporteur on the European Parliament's report on a budgetary capacity for the eurozone.
- German Animal Breeders Federation (ADT), President
- Vereinigte Tierversicherung Gesellschaft a. G., Member of the Supervisory Board
- Conseil Européen des Jeunes Agriculteurs, President (1977-80)
- German Federation of Rural Youth (BDL), Deputy Chairman (1973-77)
- Homepage of Reimer Böge (German)
- Personal profile of Reimer Böge in the European Parliament's database of members
- "MEP profile: Reimer Böge". European Parliament. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- Jennifer Rankin (May 15, 2007), The dealmaker European Voice.
- Simon Taylor (July 8, 2009), German MEPs to dominate law-making committees European Voice.
- Constant Brand (September 15, 2010), MEPs reject plan to increase budget for fusion reactor European Voice.
- Toby Vogel (March 3, 2010), MEPs struggle to influence creation of diplomatic corps European Voice.
- Toby Vogel (June 27, 2013), Majority support emerges in Parliament for budget deal European Voice.
- Aline Robert (May 19, 2016), Marathon negotiations on the eurozone budget continue EurActiv.
- Frank Knittermeier (July 18, 2014), Der Europaabgeordnete Hamburger Abendblatt.
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|