Krabbendijke town centre
Location in Zeeland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Jan Huisman (CDA)|
|• Total||242.42 km2 (93.60 sq mi)|
|• Land||101.99 km2 (39.38 sq mi)|
|• Water||140.43 km2 (54.22 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1 m (3 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||216/km2 (560/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Reimerswaal ( pronunciation (help·info)) is a municipality in the province of Zeeland in the southwestern Netherlands on Zuid-Beveland, named after the lost city. The municipality had a population of 21,999 in 2014, and has a surface area of 242.42 km2 (93.60 sq mi) of which 140.43 km2 (54.22 sq mi) is water. The central town Yerseke is known for trade in mussels and oysters. Kruiningen is known for the former ferry from Kruiningen to Perkpolder which was in service up to 2003. The municipality of Reimerswaal was established in 1970, from the aggregation of the municipalities Krabbendijke, Kruiningen, Rilland-Bath, Waarde, and Yerseke.
- Kruiningen (location of the government offices)
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Reimerswaal, June 2015
- "Samenstelling college" [Members of the board] (in Dutch). Gemeente Reimerswaal. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 4416AK". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
|Bergen op Zoom (NB)|