|Muslim Fashion: Contemporary Style Cultures|
Lewis' research has focused upon postcolonial history, Middle Eastern and Ottoman women's history, gender studies and studies of other minority groups. Her 2015 book Muslim Fashion focused on over ten years of research into the subject, in particular the use of the hijab as a fashion statement. The launch of the book was combined with a London College of Fashion panel discussion on "Muslim Fashion: recent histories, future directions". In 2016, she was an introducer for the foundation of the British Asian Fashion Network. Lewis has written for the New York Times, The Guardian, The Times and Marie Claire magazine, and has featured on BBC Radio 4.
- Gendering Orientalism: Race, Femininity and Representation (1995) ISBN 0415124905
- Rethinking Orientalism: Women, Travel and the Ottoman Harem (2004) ISBN 1860647308
- Gender, Modernity & Liberty: Middle Eastern and Western Women's Writings: A Critical Sourcebook (2006) ISBN 9781860649578
- The poetics and politics of place: Ottoman Istanbul and British orientalism (2011) ISBN 9780295991108
- Modest fashion: styling bodies, mediating faith. Dress Cultures (2013) ISBN 9781780763828
- Muslim Fashion: Contemporary Style Cultures (2015) ISBN 978-0-8223-5914-2
- Uncovering Modesty: Dejabis and Dewigies Expanding the Parameters of the Modest Fashion Blogosphere (2015) ISSN 1362-704X
- Elmes, John (5 November 2015). "Interview with Reina Lewis". Times Higher Education. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "Reina Lewis: Is 2015 the year the mainstream woke up to Muslim fashion?". University of the Arts London. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "Professor Reina Lewis". University of the Arts London. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- Sadar, Claire (28 February 2016). "Book Review: Muslim Fashion by Reina Lewis". Muftah. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "Book review: Muslim Fashion: Contemporary Style Cultures by Reina Lewis". University of Strathclyde. 4 November 2016. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "Muslim Fashion: recent histories, future directions". New Asian Post. 21 October 2015. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "Mani Kohli brings the British Asian Fashion industry together at BAFN". New Asian Post. 12 May 2016. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "Professor Reina Lewis". Huffington Post. Retrieved 20 February 2017.