Reinaldo Zavarce in 2012
July 8, 1988 |
|Other names||Reinaldo Peche Zavarce, "Peche"|
|Occupation||Actor and singer|
|Known for||Isa TKM
Reinaldo Zavarce Peche (born July 8, 1988 in Caracas, Venezuela) is a Venezuelan actor and singer. He got his start acting in the Venezuelan RCTV telenovelas “Mujer con Pantalones,” “Te Tengo en Salsa,” “Amantes,” and “Toda una dama.” His film credits include the popular romantic comedy “Dia Naranja,” but he is perhaps best known for his starring role as Alex in the hit Nickelodeon Latin America /Sony Pictures Television teen drama series Isa TKM. and “Isa TK+”.
The show, commonly referred to as the “Latin American High School Musical,” became a phenomenon among teens across the Americas (US included due to its airing on MTV's Spanish language channel MTV Tr3s), and became a #1 hit in its demographic in over 23 countries its first season. The Los Angeles Times deemed the fan frenzy surrounding the show and its cast members “Isa-mania,”  and in 2008 Reinaldo was awarded “Actor of the Year” at Nickelodeon Brazil’s “Meus Premios Nick” Awards (and again in 2010 at the Kids Choice Awards Mexico). That Zavarce’s real-life ex girlfriend was (and is) on- screen “Isa” love Maria Gabriela de Faría only added to the press and public frenzy around Reinaldo, and has kept them both on the covers of some of the biggest magazines across Latin America and Brazil.
He hosted the Nickelodeon Latin America and Brazil coverage of the 2012 US Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards with Will Smith. His KCA host duties were a performed in a mix of English, Spanish and Portuguese languages, he is fluent in all three. Zavarce is managed (worldwide) by SCRIVEN TALENT (Los Angeles) and repped internationally by William Morris Endeavor (Los Angeles).
Since becoming a household name via television, Peche has also evolved into a bona-fide music star. After two top selling “Isa” records (#1 in Brazil, Mexico, Venezuela and Colombia, top 10 in Argentina), and a sold out “Isa” live tour, Reinaldo went on to create a new punk-pop side project, PANORAMA EXPRESS f/Reinaldo Zavarce “Peche”, which released its first EP, "Directo a Shanghai" on April 3, 2012.
Reinaldo Zavarce Peche was born in Caracas, Venezuela. He shares his first name with his father, Reinaldo, and his "Peche" with his mother, Laura Peche. He has two siblings, Andrea and Vicente. Zavarce attended High School Central of Bachelors Technology Agricultural (CBTA) No. 264, in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico.
An avid sports fan and talented athlete, Reinaldo played soccer on the professional youth team Venezuelan Venezuelan Deportivo Italia at the FIFA U-20 World Cup and won a scholarship to the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago to study administration and to play soccer. Zavarce returned to Venezuela after an injury, and resumed his studies at the Universidad Metropolitana in Caracas.
He has also been a semi-professional, previously sponsored, Paintball player.
In 2004, Zavarce attended a casting call for Venezuela television and subsequently participated in several popular telenovelas: Mujer con pantalones (Women Wearing Pants), Te tengo en salsa (I have you in Salsa), and Amante (Lovers).
In 2008 he joined the cast of the Nickelodeon Latin America teen drama Isa TKM. The musical telenovela was written by Mariela Romero and debuted in several Latin American in September and October 2008 and on MTV Tr3́s in June 2009. The series has given Zavarce recognition in several Latin American countries for his role as "Alex". The series is positively compared to the High School Musical film series, and Band.com.br writes "The teen soap produced by Sony Pictures Television for Nickelodeon Latin America is a phenomenon among pre-teens across the Americas, all because of the adventures of Alex and Isabella (Reinaldo "Peche" Zavarce) who, together with Linda (Micaela Castelotti) Cristina (Milena Torres) and Rey (Willy Martin), show much color, music, dance and humor."
Also in 2008, he began work in Día naranja (Orange Day), directed by Venezuelan Alejandra Szeplaki. Zavarce starred as "Victor", a DJ affected by the probable pregnancy of his girlfriend. The film premiered in Venezuela on October 9, 2009.
The second in the Isa TKM series, Isa TK+, premiered in January 2009.
As of January 2017, he also is an Uber driver in Los Angeles in his spare time.
|2016||Last Resort||Rafa||Short film, also producer|
|2016||Ruta Madre||José Ibarra|
|2005||Amantes||Alirio Bejarano||Recurring role|
|2006||Te tengo en salsa||Diego Sánchez||Also starring|
|2007||Toda una dama||Guillermo "Guille" Galván||Also starring|
|2008||Isa TKM||Alejandro "Alex" Ruiz||Starring|
|2009||Isa TK+||Alejandro "Alex" Ruiz||Starring|
|2012||Level Up||Hugo Vega||Episode: "A Leak Among Us"|
|2012||Julie and the Phantoms||Himself||Episode: "Festival"|
|2013||11-11: En mi cuadra nada cuadra||Juan José "Juanjo" Seminario||Also starring; 75 episodes|
|2017||Jane the Virgin||Male Telenovela Star||Episode: "Chapter Sixty"|
Awards and nominations
- 2008 "Actor of the Year" Nickelodeon Brazi Meus Premios Nick Awards (and again in
- 2010 "Actor of the Year" Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards Mexico
- Alencar, Juliana (19 October 2009). "Novelinha infanto-juvenil 'Isa TKM' estreia na Band". Globo (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- Isa TKM
- Carvajal, Juan Manuel (7 November 2007). "RCTV estrena hoy Toda una Dama". Correo del Caroní (in Spanish). Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- Grant, Jules (August 15, 2008). "Nick Lat Am launches original telenovela". C21 Media. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "Talento nacional conquistael cable". El Universal (in Spanish). 17 August 2008. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- Caramanica, Jon (30 June 2009). "The Gloomy, Cocky and Traditional". The New York Times. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- Soniberth, Jiménez (10 May 2009). "¡Qué cool!". El Universal (in Spanish). Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "Turma da novela teen Isa TKM se surpreende com o sucesso no Brasil". Band.com.br (in Portuguese). 5 September 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "Día Naranja". Tal Cual. 21 September. Retrieved 2 October 2010. Check date values in:
- ""Día Naranja": cinta que resaltará el auge del cine venezolano". El Observador (in Spanish). 8 October 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "Estrenarán de forma simultánea video de Isa TK+ en TV e Internet". Milenio (in Spanish). 30 December 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2010.