Reinbek (probably from "Rainbek" = brook at the field margin) is a town located in Stormarn district in the northern German state of Schleswig-Holstein within the metropolitan region of Hamburg. It is accessed by the A1 and the A24 autobahn and federal highway 5.
Reinbek was first mentioned in 1226, the city rights were given in 1952. The town is located at the river Bille which was dammed up here to form a mill pond.
- 44% Protestant
- 9% Catholic
- 22% other religious groups
- 26% without religious affiliation
Important church communities
- Maria-Magdalenen church (Lutheran)
- Nathan-Söderblom church (Lutheran)
- Ansgar community, St. Ansgar chapel and St. Michael chapel (Lutheran)
- Herz-Jesu community (Roman Catholic)
- Evangelische Freikirche (Baptist)
Reinbek is twinned with:
- 16th-century castle in Dutch renaissance style.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Reinbek.