|Birth name||Alex Anyaegbunam|
|Also known as|
|Genres||Hip hop, Grime|
Alex Anyaegbunam better known by his stage name Rejjie Snow, is an Irish rapper, songwriter and record producer from Drumcondra, Dublin. He is currently (as of 2016) signed to 300 Entertainment.
Rejjie Snow was born Alex Anyaegbunam in Dublin, Ireland, to a Nigerian father and an Irish-Jamaican mother. Dublin is his hometown. He attended Belvedere College S.J. Later in 2011, he relocated to the United States and began attending school at Montverde Academy in Florida to play soccer on an athletic scholarship. After graduating high school in 2012, he attended Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia on an athletic scholarship to study film and design. After a semester, he dropped out and moved back to Ireland and focused on his music career.[failed verification]
Snow released his debut EP, Rejovich, in June 2013. It immediately topped the iTunes Hip-Hop chart, ahead of releases from Kanye West and J. Cole. Its track, "1992", went on to surpass one million YouTube views, along with the previously released "Lost in Empathy". In June 2015, Snow released his official debut single, with the Cam O’bi produced All Around the World. The video, featuring Lily-Rose Depp, was played 500,000 times in its first week. In 2016, Snow signed with 300 Entertainment, with whom he released the track, "D.R.U.G.S", in September. Snow subsequently confirmed that the long-awaited Dear Annie was near completion. In May 2017, Snow released a free mixtape, The Moon & You. Snow's debut album Dear Annie was released on 16 February 2018.
On September 4, 2019, Rejjie Snow and Irish DJ and producer DJ Dale Turner (also known as LoopHeavy) were arrested in Shibuya, Tokyo for allegedly graffitiing a wall at Shibuya Mark City building.
- Dear Annie (2018)
- The Moon & You (2017)
- Rejovich (2013)
- Dear Annie, Vol. 1 - EP (2018)
- Dear Annie, Vol. 2 - EP (2018)
- "Rejjie Snow Is Leaving Ireland To Be An American Rap Success Story". The Fader. 2018-02-16. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- Corr, Alan (2018-02-15). "Dear Annie review : Rejjie Snow puts Ireland on the hip hop map". Rte.ie. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- "Traveling Back To Ireland With Rejjie Snow". Vice. 25 April 2016. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- "Interview with Rejjie Snow". Interview. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Alex Anyaegbunam's (Montverde, FL) High School Timeline". MaxPreps. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Lecs Luther aka Rejjie Snow". The Irish Times. 17 May 2012. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "i-Ntroducing: Lecs Luther | i-D Online". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on 2012-06-22. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- "Watch Rejjie Snow tell his story in New Originals short documentary". Fact Magazine. 29 April 2016.
- "Rejjie Snow - "Lost in Empathy" (Official Video) - YouTube". YouTube. 9 January 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- Golden, Zara (2015-06-23). "Rejjie Snow Premieres New Single "All Around The World"". The Fader. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- "Johnny Depp's Daughter Lily-Rose Depp Makes Her Music Video Debut: Watch". Billboard.com. 2015-10-07. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- 人気ラッパー、道玄坂でアルファベット落書き (in Japanese), The Daily Yomiuri, September 6, 2019.
- Shibya cops continue crackdown on graffiti with arrest of rapper Rejjie Snow Tokyo Reporter, September 5, 2019