Rekola in front of Czech National Library of Technology, Prague
|Locale||Prague, Czech Republic and other 8 cities|
|Transit type||Bicycle sharing system|
|Daily ridership||4,700 (2018)|
|Number of vehicles||1,000 (2018)|
Rekola is bicycle sharing system in the Czech Republic. It started in 2013 as a small project in Prague. In 2018, it was operating in 8 Czech cities and in Finnish city Vaasa. In 2018, Rekola is operating around 1000 bikes, while almost half of them (450) are located in Prague. Daily ridership in 2018 was 4,700 people. The pink bikes do not have any docks, which makes the system five times cheaper than traditional dock system. The bikes can be unlocked through an official app or SMS.
Rekola has currently bike sharing systems in 8 Czech cities. The list shows approximate number of bikes in each city in 2018.
|City||Launch||Termination||Number of bikes||Notes|
|Prague||2013||–||450||There are also 20 Skateboards and 15 Kick scooters (2018)|
|Písek||2019||–||60||Trial operation between June – November 2019|
Outside of the Czech Republic
|City||Country||Launch||Termination||Number of bikes||Notes|
- "Rekola – bike-sharing scheme". inherit.eu. Retrieved 1 December 2018.
- "Rekola". facebook.com. Retrieved 1 December 2018.[non-primary source needed]
- "Rekola Bike Sharing: Solution for Large and Medium-Sized Cities". European Commission. Retrieved 1 December 2018.
- "The Social Impact City Guide to Prague". thegoodglobe.com. Retrieved 1 December 2018.
- "Rekola – bike-sharing". Budějce.cz. Retrieved 1 December 2018.
- "Czech bike-sharing Rekola expanded to Finland". CEE Transport. 7 October 2018. Retrieved 1 December 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rekola (bikesharing).|
|This cycling-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|