rekonq 0.7.0 running on Kubuntu 11.04
|Developer(s)||Andrea Diamantini and other KDE developers|
|Initial release||December 2, 2008|
|Stable release||2.4.2 (12 January 2014 ) [±]|
|Size||~1.1 MiB|
|License||GNU GPL v3|
rekonq was a lightweight, QtWebKit-based web browser developed inside the free software project KDE. It is the default web browser of Chakra GNU/Linux, and was formerly of Kubuntu (between versions 10.10 and 13.10). rekonq has been officially included in KDE Extragear since May 25, 2010. In contrast to Konqueror, a web browser and file manager also developed by KDE, rekonq aims to be a standalone and simple web browser. Its code was initially based on Qt Development Frameworks' QtDemoBrowser and is developed on KDE Projects' Git repository.
As of January 2014, there has been no further development of rekonq, and there is no manpower or sponsorship to restart development.
rekonq integrates into the KDE desktop, e.g. downloading files through KDE download system, sharing bookmarks with Konqueror, KIO support, etc. rekonq possesses most of the features of a modern web browser, specifically:
- Tabbed browsing
- Unique loading address bar
- Ad blocker
- Support for plugins (Flash, Java)
- Proxy support
rekonq uses the WebKit HTML rendering engine provided in QtWebKit.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rekonq.|
- Comparison of lightweight web browsers
- Comparison of web browsers
- List of web browsers
- List of web browsers for Unix and Unix-like operating systems
- "rekonq authors". Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- Andrea Diamantini (2 December 2008). "rekonq 0.0.1". Kde-announce-apps (Mailing list). Retrieved 2010-10-14.
- "rekonq: Files". SourceForge. 12 January 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- Diamantini, Andrea (12 January 2014). "rekonq 2.4.2". adjam.weblog(). Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Andrea Diamantini. "rekonq license". Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "Chakra Edn 2011.11 review". LinuxBSDos. 2011-11-11. p. 1. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
Unless you chose to install Firefox and/or Chromium during the installation process, the lone installed browser will be reKonq, a native Web browser for KDE.
- Kubuntu.org (10 October 2010). "Kubuntu 10.10 Release". Archived from the original on 12 October 2010.
- "Kubuntu 14.04 LTS". Kubuntu.org. Archived from the original on 11 November 2014. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- adjam (2010). "rekonq 0.5 beta, in extragear!".
- "rekonq.git - rekonq is a web browser for KDE based on WebKit". projects.kde.org. Retrieved 2018-03-28.
- "Lead developer's blog, adjam.weblog()". Retrieved 26 Feb 2016.