The Relate Institute is a department of Doncaster College, based at the High Melton campus, providing courses in relationship studies at various levels. It is a collaborative project between Relate, Doncaster College, and the University of Hull. The Relate Institute opened in September 2006, and is classified as a "centre of excellence" for the study of relationships.
The range of programmes offered by the Relate Institute enable the students to begin at entry-level, or to expand their knowledge of working with couples, families, and individuals with relationship issues or sexual problems.
In February 2007, the Rt Hon Alan Johnson MP, Secretary of State for Education and Skills, delivered the inaugural lecture of the Relate Institute. Since then, the lecture has been delivered by the Rt Hon David Cameron MP, the Rt Hon Nick Clegg MP, and Professor Cary Cooper of Lancaster University.
- Len Tingle (2008-02-21). "Programmes | Politics Show | Marriage made in heaven". BBC News. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- "Counselling: Plans for research and training centre | Children & Young People Now". Cypnow.co.uk. 2006-06-21. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- "BBC News - Documentary highlights counselling work in Doncaster". Bbc.co.uk. 2011-05-10. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- The Committee Office, House of Commons (2008-03-27). "House of Commons - Innovation, Universities and Skills - Written Evidence". Publications.parliament.uk. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- "The Conservative Party | News | Speeches | David Cameron: Stronger Families". Conservatives.com. 2008-06-09. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- "Third Annual Relate Institute Lecture". Don.ac.uk. 2009-07-10. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- "Relate Institute Lecture". Don.ac.uk. 2010-07-27. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
|This United Kingdom university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|