From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Relation, relation, or relations in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Relation or relations may refer to anything that involves communicating with another person, group, society or country.
- Kinship, relationship by genealogical origin
- Social relations, in social science, social interaction between two or more individuals
- International relations, strategies chosen by a state to safeguard its national interests and achieve its foreign policy objectives
Logic and philosophy
- Relation (philosophy), links between properties of an object
- Finitary relation, term in set theory and logic, for a property that assigns truth values to k-tuples of individuals
- Relation of Ideas, in the Humean sense, is the type of knowledge that can be characterized as arising out of pure conceptual thought and logical operations (in contrast to a Matter of Fact)
- Relational theory, framework to understand reality or a physical system in such a way that the positions and other properties of objects are only meaningful relative to other objects
- Relation (history of concept) a brief history of three types of relation
Computers and technology
- Relation (database), a set of tuples in a relational database
- Ontology components (relation), a component of an ontology
- Binary relation, a synonym for dyadic relation and 2-place relationship
- Relational algebra, an offshoot of first-order logic (and of algebra of sets), deals with a set of finitary relations which is closed under certain operators
- Relation (mathematics), a generalization of arithmetic relations, such as "=" and "<", that occur in statements, such as "5 < 6" and "2 + 2 = 4"
- Ternary relation, finitary relation in which the number of places in the relation is three. Ternary relations may also be referred to as 3-adic, 3-ary, 3-dimensional, or 3-place.
- Theory of relations, treats the subject matter of relations in its combinatorial aspect, as distinguished from, though related to, its more properly logical study on one side and its more generally mathematical study on another
- Relational quantum mechanics, an interpretation of quantum mechanics which treats the state of a quantum system as being observer-dependent, that is, the state is the relation between the observer and the system
- Relation (journal), the first newspaper
- Sexual relations, euphemistic term for human sexual activity
- Relate (disambiguation)
- Relationship (disambiguation)
- Relationism, can refer to unrelated theories in sociology and physics
- Relativism, the concept that points of view have no absolute truth or validity, having only relative, subjective value according to differences in perception and consideration
- Relativity (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Relation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.