Jump to navigation Jump to search
Relaxation stands quite generally for a release of tension, a return to equilibrium.
|Look up relaxation or relaxed in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Relaxation|
In the sciences, the term is used in the following ways:
- Relaxation (physics), and more in particular:
- Relaxation (NMR), processes by which nuclear magnetization returns to the equilibrium distribution
- Dielectric relaxation, the delay in the dielectric constant of a material
- Vibrational energy relaxation, the process by which molecules in high energy quantum states return to the Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution
- Chemical relaxation methods, related to temperature jump
In computer science:
- Relaxation, the act of substituting alternative program code during linking
- Relaxation (psychology), the emotional state of low tension
- Relaxation technique, an activity that helps a person to relax
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Relaxation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.