Release International is an international organization for monitoring and reporting persecution of Christians around the world and helping the victims of that persecution. It is considered one of the "leading persecution watchdogs", which serves Christians in more than 30 countries.
Among the main declared objectives of the association are:
- Providing assistance for the needs of the families of martyrs and prisoners,
- Enabling evangelical churches to survive persecution and its effects,
- Helping the persecuted church win to Christ those who are opposed to the Gospel,
- Supplying Bibles and literature to meet the need for growth and evangelism,
- Being the voice of the martyrs and the oppressed.
Release International supports and publishes a magazine called "Release".
- "250 Million Christians Will Be Persecuted in 2007", Christian Post, January 2007.
- "Vietnam war rumbles on, Christians branded 'the enemy'", Christian Today, March 2008.
- "Persecution Watchdog Urges Religious Freedom Ahead of China Olympics", Christian Today, September 2007.
|This article about a Christian organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|