|Parent company||Sony Music Entertainment|
|Founded||1 December 1999|
|Founder||Shabs Jobanputra, Paul Franklyn|
|Distributor(s)||Sony Music UK|
|Country of origin||UK|
Relentless Records is a British record label currently headed by co-founder Shabs Jobanputra. Originally known for UK garage singles such as Artful Dodger's "Re-Rewind" and B-15 Project's "Girls Like Us", Relentless has also published albums by Joss Stone, KT Tunstall, Union of Knives and Cage the Elephant.
Relentless Records was formally registered as a company on 1 December 1999. After first working with Virgin Records in 2003, the label was sold to it in 2009 (when Virgin was at that time a label of EMI Records).
Affected by the November 2011 dissolution of EMI Group (the parent company of Virgin Records), Virgin's recorded music business was sold to Universal Music UK, a division of Universal Music Group. Propitiously, Jobanputra had departed EMI in April 2011, with a deal returning control of the Relentless name to him whilst leaving the label's roster signed to the major. In this interim period, Relentless released music from Ms. Dynamite and Cage the Elephant and signed artists Rude Kid and Misty Miller.
Artists currently signed to Relentless Records
Notable artists signed under Relentless include:
- Alan Walker
- Bad Boy Chiller Crew
- Bryson Tiller (UK only)
- Headie One
- Nicky Jam
- Professor Green
- Steve Aoki
- Tom Walker
Artists formerly signed to Relentless Records
Notable artists formerly signed under Relentless include:
- 3 of a Kind
- Artful Dodger
- B-15 Project
- Cage the Elephant
- Chris Malinchak
- Daniel Bedingfield
- DJ Pied Piper and the Masters of Ceremonies
- Jay Sean
- Joey Badass
- Joss Stone
- Justin Nozuka
- Kristine Blond
- KT Tunstall
- Lethal Bizzle
- Mark Ryder
- Martin Solveig
- Misha B
- Ms Dynamite
- Nadia Rose
- Only Boys Aloud
- Roll Deep
- Seth Lakeman
- So Solid Crew
- Union of Knives
- "Welcome to Relentless Records". Retrieved 13 November 2013.
Relentless Records is a boutique and independently minded record label providing a home for distinctive, creative talent.
- "RELENTLESS RECORDS LIMITED". Companies House. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- Complete Music Update (13 January 2012). "Relentless Records joins Sony Music". CMU. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- "Relentless Records to Sony Music". Room 64. 12 January 2012. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- Smirke, Richard (12 January 2012). "Sony To Resurrect Relentless Records Label". Billboard. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- "Sony resurrects Relentless Records". Music Week. 12 January 2012. Retrieved 13 November 2013.