Reliable Source Music
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Reliable Source Music is a UK music production and publishing company that specialises in providing music to media professionals. RSM create broadcast quality music for use in advertising, TV, video, radio, film, multimedia and corporate use, either off the shelf, or written to order. As of September 2010 the company had a library of over 15,000 tracks. This includes RSM's own music along with sub-publishing deals with other music libraries around the world.
The company was established in 1997 by Dr Wayne Bickerton who still remains at the company as Managing Director, John Sweeney is General Manager of the company. He joined Reliable Source Music after working with the MCPS-PRS for 21 years. The account executives are all graduates of Music & Entertainment Industry Management at University of Hertfordshire, and the company maintains a good relationship with the university by regularly offering internships to their students.
Reliable Source Music has provided music to many TV programmes, including: Top Gear, The X-Files, A Question Of Sport, EastEnders, The Night Football Changed (Sky Sports), Operation Jericho, and Doctor Who Confidential. In total the company's music has been used over 35,000 times on British TV since 2006. Outside of Britain the company's music was used in a promotional advert in America for the popular TV programme Glee. Along with providing music for TV and radio programmes, RSM also supply music for advertising campaigns such as; Easyjet, Johnnie Walker, Persil and Vodafone.
Several notable composers work for the company. They include: Brian Bennett, former drummer with the Shadows with important soundtrack credits; and Wayne Bickerton, founder of the company and composer of commercial hits throughout the 1970s.
The company runs PopMusic4Synch, which offers commercial music for use in films and television programme from releases on the State Records label, which includes artists such as Mac & Katie Kissoon, Delegation, and the David Rose Orchestra, and also from Cubit Recordings including the band Miss 600.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110905214640/http://www.reliable-source.co.uk/about/index.php. Archived from the original on September 5, 2011. Retrieved October 27, 2011. Missing or empty
- "Music Week". Music Week. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- "Reliable Source Music Limited". Cdrex.com. 2011-08-31. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- "Spotlight on Music Libraries". Studio Daily. 2009-06-01. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- "SESAC Names John Sweeney As Membership Relations, UK". Sesac.com. 2009-09-22. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- "VW Beetle Dropped from Helicopter Vs Porsche in 1 Mile Race Against Gravity! - Top Gear - BBC Two". YouTube. 2011-01-25. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- "BBC Two - Operation Jericho". Bbc.co.uk. 2013-01-05. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- "RSM Production Music Library // Show Reel". Reliable-source.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20091111142116/http://www.rubettesfeaturingbillhurd.com/songs.htm. Archived from the original on November 11, 2009. Retrieved June 25, 2009. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20100818094753/http://www.popmusic4synch.com/about/index.php. Archived from the original on August 18, 2010. Retrieved October 28, 2011. Missing or empty
- "State Records (3) - CDs and Vinyl at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2013-03-04.