Independent TV (India)
|Reliance Big TV|
|Founded||August 20081 March 2018|
|Headquarters||INDEPENDENT TV LIMITED, H Block, 1st Floor, Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City,|
|Vijender Singh (Director)|
|Services||Direct-broadcast satellite, pay television, pay-per-view|
Pantel Technologies & Veecon Media and Television Ltd.(2018-present)
|Parent||Pantel Technologies Pvt Ltd. (50%) |
Veecon Media and Television Ltd (50%)
Launched as Reliance Big TV in August 2008. the service acquired 1 million subscribers within 90 days of launch since no other operators were in the market. The service was later renamed to Reliance Digital TV. The operator was acquired by Pantel Technologies & Veecon Media in January 2018.
In March 2018, the company launched a prebooking DTH offer which was a big fraud, company collected huge amount of money in the name of booking but connections were never installed. After launching the offer the Pantel Technologies & Veecon Media group decided to rebrand the company as Independent TV.
The company then could not provide installation to consumers because their agreement with STAR India group expired due to nonpayment. On 23 July 2018, TDSAT asked Star India, Independent TV to enter into a fresh agreement within 4 weeks.
- "Reliance Digital Tv Profile | EMIS". www.emis.com. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- [http://www.rediff.com/money/2009/apr/29big-tv-to-divest-in-dth-arm.htm "hello Big TV launched in August 2008"]. Retrieved 16 February 2018
- "RCom seals deal to sell off BIG TV: Pantel Tech, Veecon Media buying Anil Ambani's DTH business". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 25 May 2018.
- NDTV, profit team (21 March 2018). "Reliance Big TV Offers Free Access To Channels. Here's How To Avail It". NDTV. India: New Delhi Television Media group. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- DTHForum, adithya (28 July 2018). "Reliance Big tv Is Now Independent Tv". India: DTHForum. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- Television Post, TVP Bureau (23 July 2018). "TDSAT asks Star India, Independent TV to enter into fresh agreement within 4 weeks". India: Television Post. Retrieved 24 August 2018.