|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Anil Ambani, Chairman|
|Products||Motion Pictures, Music, Television|
Number of employees
|Parent||Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group|
Reliance Entertainment (formerly known as Reliance BIG Entertainment) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group handling its media and entertainment business, across content and distribution platforms.
The key content initiatives are across movies, music, sports, gaming, Internet & mobile portals, leading to direct opportunities in delivery across the emerging digital distribution platforms: digital cinema, IPTV, DTH and mobile TV.
- Amblin Partners (investor, 25%)
- Big Animation - (AniRights Infomedia)
- Big Home Entertainment - Home Video Division
- Big Music - Record Label Division
- BIG Star Entertainment Awards
- Codemasters (60.41% owned)
- IM Global
- Jump Games (ParadoX Studios)
- Riverstone Pictures
- Reliance Big Pictures - Movie Production & Distribution Division
- Reliance Broadcast Network Limited
- Big Broadcasting - TV Broadcasting Division
- Big CBS - General Entertainment Channel Division
- Big Digital - Digital Content Development, Internet Radio and New Media Division
- Big 92.7 FM - Radio Division
- Big Live - Events and BTL Activations Division
- Big Productions - TV Production Division
- Big Street - Out of Home Advertising Division
- Big TV - Direct To Home Satellite TV Division
- Reliance Games - Mobile Games Development Studio
- Reliance MediaWorks Ltd
- Reliance Media Works Studio - Filmcity Mumbai
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (January 2016)|
- Reliance forayed into the largely untapped video rental market in India by launching BIGFlix.
- The company plans to launch TV Channels.
- On July 15, 2009, Reliance and Steven Spielberg announced a joint venture with funding of $825 million.
- Big 92.7 FM launched a radio station in Singapore considering 8% of the population residing there is Indian.
- On April 5, 2010, Reliance acquired a 50% stake in Codemasters.
- On May 28, 2010, the company achieved the first ever Bollywood cross-over into the Hollywood box office market with the release of Kites.
- Reliance co-produced director Steven Spielberg's film War Horse, which was released worldwide on Christmas Day in 2011. Many other projects from the director also have the company as a producer.
- In January 2012, it was announced that Reliance DreamWorks movies garnered 11 Oscar nominations.
- In November 2014, the company announced plans to begin the acquisition process of the North American and European mobile game studios of DreamWorks Studios in early 2015.
- "Anil Ambani eyes video rental business". Anil-ambani-news.newslib.com. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Anil Ambani to launch 20 TV channels". Anil-ambani-news.newslib.com. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- Anil Ambani meets Spielberg; to provide Rs 4,000 cr for films The Economic Times.
- "Anil Ambani Group launches radio station in Singapore DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2008-06-24. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- Hinkle, David (2010-04-05). "Reliance Big Entertainment acquires 50% stake in Codemasters". Joystiq. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- Tuesday, Jun 24, 2008 at 1314 hrs IST (2008-06-24). "Reliance, Spielberg in talks over $2 bn movie venture". Financialexpress.com. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Reliance Dreamworks movies garner 11 Oscar nominations - The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- Exclusive: India's Reliance Entertainment plans to acquire Western game studios in 2015. Reuters, 15 November 2014