|Predecessor||carved out from Reliance Industries|
|Founded||10 July 2006|
Reliance Centre, Santacruz (East), Mumbai,
|Anil Ambani |
|Products||Financial services, construction, entertainment, Power, health care, aviation, Defense|
|Total assets||₹1,687 crore (US$240 million)|
Number of employees
|75,000 (March 2018)|
Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group or popularly known as Reliance ADA Group or simply Reliance Group is an Indian conglomerate, headquartered in Mumbai, India. The company, which was formed after Dhirubhai Ambani's business was divided up, is headed by his younger son Anil Ambani. Reliance Group has six listed companies. Reliance Power, Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance Capital, Reliance Entertainment, Reliance Home Finance and Reliance Health. The group provides financial services, construction, entertainment, power, health care, manufacturing, defence, aviation, and transportation services.
Reliance Commercial Corporation was founded by Dhirubhai Ambani in 1966 as a polyester firm. It got renamed as Reliance Industries on May 08, 1973. Reliance later entered into financial services, petroleum refining, power sector. By 2002 Reliance had grown into a U$15 billion conglomerate. After the death of Dhirubhai Ambani on 6 July 2002, Reliance was headed by his two sons. The Reliance ADA Group was formed in 2006 after the two brothers Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani, split Reliance Industries in December 2005. Anil Ambani got the responsibility of Reliance Infocomm, Reliance Energy and Reliance Capital. Reliance Group entered the power sector through Reliance Power, and the entertainment sector by acquiring Adlabs. In October 2010, Reliance power placed world's largest order worth $8.29 billion to Shanghai Electric Group to supply power equipment based on Supercritical steam generator technology. On 28 October 2017, the group launched construction of a defense production unit in Mihan-SEZ region. The unit will be part of a joint venture between Reliance Group, led by Anil Ambani, and its JV partner French major Dassault Aviation. The production at Mihan-SEZ will begin with components for the Rafale warplanes and Falcon business jet produced by Dassault. It is expected to fully assemble both the aircraft in the Nagpur unit in the coming years.
- Reliance Infrastructure
- Mumbai Metro
- Reliance Roads
- Reliance Power
- Reliance Capital
- Reliance Naval and Engineering
- Reliance Defence
- Reliance Entertainment
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
- Reliance Health Insurance Limited
|Date||Firm acquired||Renamed firm|
|May 2000||BSES||Reliance Infrastructure|
|Oct 2003||FLAG Telecom, 207Mn$||Reliance Globalcom|
|July 2005||Metro Adlabs (51% stake), 74Mn$||Reliance Entertainment|
|Apr 2008||Lowry Digital USA, 7.5Mn$||Reliance Big Entertainment|
|May 2008||Vanco||Reliance Globalcom|
|Apr 2010||Codemasters UK (50% stake)||Zapak|
|Sept 2011||Bloomberg UTV (66% stake)||Reliance Capital|
|Mar 2015||Pipavav Shipyard||Reliance Infrastructure|
|Oct 2015||MTS India||Reliance Communication|
- List of companies of India
- List of largest companies by revenue
- List of corporations by market capitalization
- Make in India
- "Anil Ambani: The Fall of a Billionaire". India Today. Retrieved 26 April 2020.
- "Reliance Group – Reliance Anil dmsumra 7Dhirubhai Ambani Group India – Reliance Group Profile". Iloveindia.com. 21 July 2007. Retrieved 14 August 2010.
- "Here's a look at all the companies that Anil Ambani owns". Business Insider. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- "Mukesh to double enterprise value to US$160 bn: Rediff.com Business". Business.rediff.com. 18 June 2010. Retrieved 14 August 2010.
- "Reliance set to split between Anil and Mukesh Ambani – Central Government may intervene!". IndiaDaily. Archived from the original on 9 October 2008. Retrieved 14 August 2010.
- "Reliance Power, Shanghai Electric ink $8.3 bln deal". in.reuters.com. Reuters. 28 October 2010. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Reliance-Dassault JV to start output in Q1 of 2018". /timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 28 October 2018.
- John, Derick. "RELIANCE Institutional Ownership - RELIANCE INDUSTRIES LTD". fintel.io.
- "Reliance Group Takes over BSES – Reliance Anil dmsumra 7Dhirubhai Ambani Group India – Reliance Group Profile". economictimes.indiatimes.com. 10 June 2003.