|Chairman Mukesh Ambani|
|Revenue||INR 450 billion (9 months ending December 2017) (2017-18)|
|Profit After Tax INR 7 billion|
|Parent||Reliance Industries Limited|
'Reliance Retail' Ltd. is a subsidiary company of Reliance Industries Limited. Founded in 2006, it is the largest retailer in India in terms of revenue. Founder of Reliance Retail is Mukesh Ambani and V Subramaniam is CEO. Its retail outlets offer foods, groceries, apparel and footwear, lifestyle and home improvement products, electronic goods, and farm implements and inputs. The company’s outlets also provide vegetables, fruits, and flowers. It focuses on consumer goods, consumer durables, travel services, energy, entertainment and leisure, and health and well-being products, as well as on educational products and services. It had a total of 3,837 stores in April 2018 in India with an area of over 17.7 million square feet across 750 cities, with yearly revenue of over ₹690 billion ($10 bn US).
It had a turnover of Rs. 337 billion in the financial year 2016-17. Reliance Retail has announced revenues of Rs. 450 billion for the nine months ended December 2017 for financial year 2017-18, showing of over 90% jump from the corresponding previous period. The company also reported a profit of Rs. 7 billion for the period.
Subsidiaries & divisions
There are over 45 Subsidiaries & divisions of Reliance Retail. Following is the list of major divisions:
- Reliance Fresh: Retail outlets of fruits, vegetables & groceries.
- Reliance SMART: Reliance Smart offers a one-stop shopping experience by offering fresh produce, bakery, dairy products, home and personal care products, general merchandise.
- Reliance Digital: Consumer Electronics retail stores. It had 689 stores in October 2014.
- Reliance LYF: 4G mobile handset manufacturer based in Mumbai, founded in 2015.
- Reliance Jewels: Jewelry retail; it had revenues of approx. Rs. 8 billion in financial year 2012-13.
- Reliance Trends, Reliance Footprint and Reliance Living: Apparel and Clothing. It had revenues of approx. Rs. 16 billion in financial year 2012-13 with a store count of 287.
- Reliance Market and Reliance Market Wholesale Cash-n-Carry: It had revenues of approx. Rs. 1.6 billion in financial year 2012-13.
- AJIO: One of the company’s first forays into e-commerce – a fashion website, officially launched at the Lakme Fashion Week SS16 with the philosophy ‘Doubt is Out’.[dead link]
- "Reliance Retail sales cross $10 bn mark". The Economic Times. 28 April 2018. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "Reliance Retail's pre-tax profit jumps 40% in FY17 - ET Retail". ETRetail.com. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "Reliance Retail's total revenue up by 21.2 percent - ET Retail". ETRetail.com. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "Reliance retail reports highest ever quarterly turnover of Rs 6,042 crore in Q3". The Economic Times. 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "Subsidiaries of Reliance Retail Limited". ril.com. Archived from the original on 12 August 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Few RIL retail arms still making losses". Business Standard. 11 May 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Reliance Retail's growth trail". The Hindu Businessline. 31 July 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Fashion Has A New Destination – AJIO.com". sassyshifsays.in. 4 Apr 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2016.