|Mukesh Ambani (Chairman)|
|Revenue||₹450 billion (2017)|
|Profit After Tax ₹7 billion|
|Parent||Reliance Industries Limited|
|Subsidiaries||Reliance Fresh |
Reliance Mart Reliance Digital
Reliance Retail Limited is a subsidiary company of Reliance Industries Limited. Founded in 2006, it is the largest retailer in India in terms of revenue. Founder of Reliance Retail is Mukesh Ambani and V Subramaniam is the CEO of the Venture. Its retail outlets offer foods, groceries, apparel and footwear, lifestyle and home improvement products, electronic goods, and farm implements and inputs. The company’s outlets also provide vegetables, fruits, and flowers. It focuses on consumer goods, consumer durables, travel services, energy, entertainment and leisure, and health and well-being products, as well as on educational products and services. It had a total of 3,837 stores in April 2018 in India with an area of over 17.7 million square feet across 750 cities, with yearly revenue of over ₹690 billion ($10 bn US).
It had a turnover of ₹337 billion in the financial year 2016-17. Reliance Retail has announced revenues of ₹450 billion for the nine months ended December 2017 for financial year 2017-18, showing of over 90% jump from the corresponding previous period. The company also reported a profit of ₹7 billion for the period.
Subsidiaries and divisions
There are over 45 subsidiaries and divisions of Reliance Retail. Following is the list of major divisions:
|1||Reliance Fresh||Retail outlets of fruits, vegetables and groceries.|
|2||Reliance Smart||Reliance Smart offers a one-stop shopping experience by offering fresh produce, bakery, dairy products, home and personal care products, general merchandise, fruits, vegetables and groceries.|
|3||Reliance Digital||Consumer electronics retail stores. It had 689 stores in October 2014.|
|4||Reliance LYF||4G mobile handset manufacturer based in Mumbai, founded in 2015.|
|5||Reliance Jewels||Jewelry retail; it had revenues of approx. Rs. 8 billion in financial year 2012-13.|
|6||Reliance Trends, Reliance Footprint and Reliance Living||Apparel and clothing. It had revenues of approx. Rs. 16 billion in financial year 2012-13 with a store count of 287.|
|7||Reliance Market and Reliance Market Wholesale Cash-n-Carry||It had revenues of approx. Rs. 1.6 billion in financial year 2012-13.|
|8||AJIO||E-commerce, fashion shopping website, officially launched at the Lakme Fashion Week SS16.|
|9||Hamleys||The oldest and largest toy shop in the world and one of the world's best-known retailers of toys. Acquired by Reliance in 2019.|
- "Reliance Retail sales cross $10 bn mark". The Economic Times. 28 April 2018. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "Reliance Retail's pre-tax profit jumps 40% in FY17 - ET Retail". ETRetail.com. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "Reliance Retail's total revenue up by 21.2 percent - ET Retail". ETRetail.com. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "Reliance retail reports highest ever quarterly turnover of Rs 6,042 crore in Q3". The Economic Times. 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "Subsidiaries of Reliance Retail Limited". ril.com. Archived from the original on 12 August 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Few RIL retail arms still making losses". Business Standard. 11 May 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Reliance Retail's growth trail". The Hindu Businessline. 31 July 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.