Reload (Tom Jones album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Studio album by Tom Jones|
|Released||16 September 1999|
|Tom Jones chronology|
|Singles from Reload|
Reload is an album by Welsh singer Tom Jones, released in 1999. After a lengthy career, and a notable absence from the music charts for several years, he resurrected his career with this album of fifteen cover versions, a new version of one of his own songs ("Looking Out My Window," 1968), and one original track ("Sexbomb") recorded as duets with current artists. To ensure that the finished product retained the sound of these artists, he also recorded the tracks in the same studios these artists used, and also used their record producers.
Reload became the highest seller of Jones' career, reaching #1 on the British charts in 1999 and again in 2000. Its biggest single was the collaboration with Mousse T, "Sexbomb", which reached #3 on the UK Singles Chart, and was later used in a 2003 episode of The Simpsons (a show Jones had guest starred on in 1992). The album has sold more than six million copies worldwide. The album was not released immediately in the US with Jones's US record company stating that many of the artists were not known outside of the UK. Jones announced plans to record additional tracks with well-known US artists to prepare the album for US release. This did not occur.
A "special edition" release of the album also includes remixes of "Sexbomb" and "You Need Love Like I Do" as bonus tracks.
|Australia (ARIA)||2× Platinum||140,000^|
|Austria (IFPI Austria)||Platinum||50,000*|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Gold||50,000^|
|Italy (FIMI)||2× Platinum||200,000*|
|Switzerland (IFPI Switzerland)||Platinum||50,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||4× Platinum||1,200,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2000 Albums". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "Austrian album certifications – Tom Jones – Reload" (in German). IFPI Austria. Enter Tom Jones in the field Interpret. Enter Reload in the field Titel. Select album in the field Format. Click Suchen
- "Canadian album certifications – Tom Jones – Reload". Music Canada.
- "French album certifications – Tom Jones – Reload" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Tom Jones; 'Reload')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- "Musica: Tom Jones, il nuovo singolo in radio da domani" (in Italian). Adnkronos. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Tom Jones; 'Reload')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien.
- "Guld- och Platinacertifikat − År 2000" (PDF) (in Swedish). IFPI Sweden.
- "British album certifications – Tom Jones – Reload". British Phonographic Industry. Enter Reload in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select album in the field By Format. Select Platinum in the field By Award. Click Search
Rhythm and Stealth by Leftfield
Play by Moby
Crush by Bon Jovi
|UK number one album
9–15 October 1999
20–26 May 2000
17–23 June 2000
Come on Over by Shania Twain
The Greatest Hits by Whitney Houston
7 by S Club 7