||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Remedy (born Ross Filler in 1972 in Staten Island, New York) is an emcee and hip-hop producer. He is known for being the first white rapper and the first Jewish rapper to be affiliated with the Wu-Tang Clan. He owns and runs Code Red Entertainment, his label which released Cappadonna's "The Struggle" album. He also served as executive producer on Inspectah Deck's album '"Manifesto". He has forged enduring ties with the clan, coming from Staten Island and having always lived and worked there. Remedy has produced and been featured on various works for ESPN over the past years. He recently released his return mixtape/street album entitled It All Comes Down to This. He is the Co-Executive producer of the "Wu-Tang Killa Bees: Return Of The Swarm" album. He is preparing to release a new full album after years of production and administrative work.
After emerging with the "Seen it All"/"Everything is Real" 12-inch single, Remedy appeared on the 1998 Wu-Tang Killa Bees: The Swarm compilation with his track "Never Again", a song about the Holocaust. This track remains his best-known work as well as his most highly regarded, and appeared on both his debut album, The Genuine Article, from 2001, and its follow-up, Code Red, from 2003 (Remedy considers the track to be effectively his signature theme song). The Genuine Article reached number 130 on the Billboard 200, number 30 on the R&B albums chart, and number 5 on the Top Independent Albums chart. Code Red included a track about the 9/11 attacks, as well as "A Muslim and a Jew", a song about the respective sides in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict (with Wu-Tang leader The RZA acting as mediator). Remedy is a known advocate for the Jewish people.
Remedy made a cameo appearance in the 2008 horror/comedy Bad Biology, along with J-Zone, Vinnie Paz (Jedi Mind Tricks) & Reef The Lost Cauze. He has been featured in videos for Cappadonna and Inspectah Deck.
- The Genuine Article (April 2001) - US #130
- Code Red (November 2003)
- It All Comes Down to This (December 2010)
- Regression Tesing May 2014
- "Transporting" - Remedy and JoJo Pellegrino: "Wu Music Group Presents Pollen - The Swarm Part 3 (2010)"
- "Never Again" - "Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Vol.1 (1998)"
- "Testimony" - SHI 360, Remedy, Killah Priest, Harte: Killa Beez in Israel
- "I Like It" - Remedy, Subliminal, Babylon: Killa Beez in Israel
- "Life Neighborhood" - Messika, Elon Babylon, Remedy, Shorti, Dani Deen,Killa Beez in Israel
- "Posse Cut" - R.A. The Rugged Man, Hell Razah, Remedy, Blaq Poet: Legendary Classics Vol. 1.
- "Money,Cash,Flows" - Cappadonna - The Struggle album
- "We Got this" - Cappadonna - The Struggle album
- "The Anthem" - Wu-Tang Collective
- "Rain Outside" - Kinetics, R.A. The Rugged Man: With A Little Help From My Friends
- "City Limits" - Wu-Tang Killa Bees