Remember Me (TV series)
|Written by||Gwyneth Hughes|
|Directed by||Ashley Pearce|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||3|
|Production location(s)||Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Mammoth Screen|
|Picture format||16:9 1080i|
|Original release||23 November– 7 December 2014|
Remember Me is a British drama television serial that premiered on BBC One in autumn 2014, and subsequently made its U.S. debut on PBS in summer 2017. Written by Gwyneth Hughes, the three-part mystery was made by Mammoth Screen. Michael Palin plays the lead role, making it his first regular television acting role in 20 years.
The elderly Tom Parfitt (Michael Palin) fakes a fall at his long-term terraced house in bleak Yorkshire, to escape to a care home. However, moments after arriving the social worker that delivered Tom is thrown from the seemingly impenetrable fourth floor window of Tom's room, with only her and the frail Tom inside. This mystifies teenaged care assistant Hannah (Jodie Comer), although local police, including depressed detective Rob Fairholme (Mark Addy) are largely uninterested. One by one, strange things begin happening to those in contact with Tom, including Hannah and her family, and Tom soon vanishes from his hospital bed without explanation. Returning to Tom's home, Hannah starts to piece together several clues which lead her to Scarborough, where a dark secret from Tom's past comes to light and it becomes apparent that the paranormal is moving against them.
|Character||Episode 1||Episode 2||Episode 3|
|Jeff Harding||Richard Lumsden|
|Andy Phelps||Marcus Garvey|
|Loveday Hutton||Sheila Hancock|
In February 2013, the series was commissioned by Ben Stephenson and Danny Cohen for BBC One. Filming began in January 2014 in Huddersfield and Scarborough. The series is produced by Chris Carey and directed by Ashley Pearce. Funding was provided by ITV GE and North Light Film Studios. The British Film Institute issued a tax break on the series. It started airing Sunday 23 November 2014 at 9pm. The series lasted only one run of three episodes.
- Jeffery, Morgan (16 January 2014). "Michael Palin to lead new BBC One supernatural drama Remember Me". Digital Spy. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- Hemley, Matthew (11 February 2013). "BBC announces new Saturday night drama Atlantis and third run of Call the Midwife". The Stage. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "New BBC commission for Mammoth Screen". Mammoth Screen. 15 April 2013. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- Plunkett, John (16 January 2014). "Michael Palin to return to TV drama in BBC1 thriller Remember Me". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "Michael Palin lands leading TV role in BBC drama". The Daily Telegraph. 16 January 2014. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "Michael Palin leads cast of BBC One supernatural thriller Remember Me". BBC. 16 January 2014. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- Considine, Pippa (17 January 2014). "Mammoth Screen BBC1 drama starts Yorkshire shoot". Televisual. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- Farber, Alex (16 August 2013). "BFI issues first TV tax break guarantees". Screen Daily. Retrieved 19 January 2014.